usnmars

Sometimes you never realize what you have

Well I had this old enfield for a while and never got to decosmoing it. Well I did today and found some cool shiat out about it. At first it looked like horrible shellac on the stock. WRONG- it was dried cosmo, it wiped right off with just a little WD-40. Then I noticed it is Parkerized and has a bunch more stamps on it than usual. Upon further inspection, there is remnants of welds on the side of the receiver, right where scope mounts would go. I had an EX SNIPER No1 Mk3 Lithgow for a while and never knew it. I brought it over to a friends place and he is a true firearms expert, and he agreed 100% I have an ex sniper Lithgow, and a plus it isn't import marked! WOO HOOOO!!!!!!! The pink unicorn strikes again.

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00829.jpg

th_DSC00827.jpg

I will get some pics for you once I get moving around and finish my coffee. I took the entire rifle completely down to parade rest. My bolt tool came in handy, it was so caked with cosmo you could barely move the bolt.... let alone try to fire it. The brass recoil plates are on the forend. The stamping on the stock is:

MA LITHGOW

SMLE

MKIII* HV

the barrel is a 5 groove and dated 1943

I shot the rifle yesterday and was hitting golf balls consistantly at 100 with 1941 Winchester surplus(for some odd reason golf balls were all over my range :icon_e_wink:), so accuracy is exceptional with this one. It's a dream to shoot.

I posted this on another forum for some info and it's kinda funny. Many people are saying it's nothing just part of the heat treat process, but yet my PM box is full of people offering me a ton of money for it LOL. Kinda makes you wonder.......

I posted this on another forum for some info and it's kinda funny. Many people are saying it's nothing just part of the heat treat process, but yet my PM box is full of people offering me a ton of money for it LOL. Kinda makes you wonder.......

Hahaha, I love those posts! It is a piece of crap but I will take it off your hand for a bunch of pennies.