bry@n

lehigh Valley Sporting Clays and grumpy's bbq

Went today with the wife, it was open from 9:00 to 1:00, fairly busy compared to last time I was there. Almost finished before the heavy rain started, but we had a golf cart so we didn't get soaked.

We found Grumpys, but they were closed today, maybe next time...........

I would probably have to borrow a shotgun. I've shot trap with my 9200, but that is rediculous, and I think I gotta face reality here ;)

I have a friend who's there all the time. If he loans me a gun I'll come, otherwise I'll try to meet you for the meal afterwards. I know I missed you guys last time.

If one of your party is a member of Lehigh, they can get a free Beretta loaner to use for the day....just one bene that comes with membership. On the weekend, better let 'em know in advance that you'll need the loaner if you intend upon using one.

Dave

Since only one person shoots at a time you really only need one gun to share amongst yourselves. My wife and I shared her 870 all day. I brought my little Rem 1100 20 gauge and shot about 1/2 of the A course with that one also. As long as the gun fits you and your friend blast-away!

PS: Using a pump and a semi on the same day back to back is strange................ Just ask my wife! She was kind enough to wait for me to pump her gun between targets.

If one of your party is a member of Lehigh, they can get a free Beretta loaner to use for the day....just one bene that comes with membership. On the weekend, better let 'em know in advance that you'll need the loaner if you intend upon using one.

Dave

Otherwise, you can rent it... was a few bucks... good guns too.

sunday mornings can be real bizzy my last time out we were there at 10 am and two groups of new shooters slowed us down to a crawl one of the workers told me an hour or so later we would almost have the place to our own. dont take it wrong nobody likes taking new people out but these people were making the day off it matching shirts picnic baskets, shoot as slow as you like but let others shoot thru and keep traffic moving.only once did I not go to grumpys after missed my turn

Just picked up a new O/U myself, need to try it out sometime.

My wife and I always let singles go past us as long as anyone else behind us doesn't care, usually they don't.

If there is a faster pair of shooters we also let them through, we are in no hurry.

I did see some people skipping-around stations. They would go find an empty station, then move on to another empty one. They actually made three complete laps past us with their golf cart, but they were able to shoot the entire course without really waiting for people and they never went backwards!

its only common sense if your spending extra time teaching people let others shoot thru,take as long as you want when you dont have a trapper.To me its like driving 45mph on the gsp in the left lane.when im shooting its not a race i dont even rent a cart but im not looking to play cards while waiting 20 min on each of the stations