vmastro87

CMMG or DPMS

here are the two contestants, nothing set in stone i just wanted to get a general overview of everyone's thoughts and feelings on both

CMMG

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AVSW_enUS382US382&gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=CMMG10297#rlz=1C1AVSW_enUS382US382&gcx=w&q=CMMG10297&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf&fp=1&biw=1680&bih=987&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&cad=b

DPMS

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=CMMG10297&hl=en&cid=4165022384210728752&ei=OD56TvTLH6i4wQXA-vjSAQ&ved=0CAoQrhI

i know that the DPMS has to be made compliant ( i will do that myself so keep that in mind)

Thanks Guys

I would highly suggest taking a look at the folks over at Bravo Company. I have 2 of their Uppers and they are both top-notch, and very affordable. Also they can pin and weld a muzzle brake for you should you request the service.

Bravo Company USA

For the price, you could get something better.

This. I've heard good things about DPMS for their .308 rifles, but heard they have some issues with the .223/5.56 models. For the price range you're looking at, you could definitely do better.

Bravo Company FTW. Check this out. Have a smith pin on a NJ friendly brake, slap on some handguards of your choice and you're set. The plus is the BCM (excellent reputation), and a mid-length gas system which IMO is far better than the carbine length system.

I would highly suggest taking a look at the folks over at Bravo Company. I have 2 of their Uppers and they are both top-notch, and very affordable. Also they can pin and weld a muzzle brake for you should you request the service.

Bravo Company USA

Bravo Company is definately the way to go.

I agree, except for the fact that they are out of stock of most of their uppers

It's normal for most companies like BCM and RRA not to have stock, they usually do custom orders, and have bulk sale every now and then. It only becomes an issue when you want to build it yourself, when they don't have the parts in stock.. Wait time is usually about a month from when u place an order. If you call them, they will take your order and put it together for you.

BCM, Stag, PSA uppers in that order..

I had a DPMS Rifle (5.56) and some will run Steel Cased ammo, and some won't.. mine was the latter of the two.. I tried chamber ream and all and NOT happening.. I sold the upper.. and bought the PSA 16" M4 Hammer Forge Upper with the funds.. (about $150 upgrade..)

I wanted the OPTION to possibly run <$4/box ammo vs. the standard $6/box brass ammo..

I have a PSA 16" Carbine that has rocked 1300+ rounds (including some TulAmmo, mostly Brass ammo though)..

The BCM 14 1/2" I got 2 weeks back Kicks A$$ and is slowly becoming my favorite..

The BCM's do NOT include a BCG or Charging handle.. The PSA Uppers DO..

I went BCM with Spikes BCg from AIM for $110 and grabbed a basic CH for $15 from CTD..

My WHOLE rifle with lower and all was $896 (with shipping and all)..