Leon

storing ammo at home

I was working on a jobsite a few yrs back and one of the contractors had one of those big boxes with the recessed locks. Came in one morning and someone attempted to drag the box but too heavy so the spiteful priks slammed some nails into the key slots of the locks rendering them in-operable. My buddy saved his tools but the offenders got their revenge knowing the job box was gonna get trashed trying to re-open it.

I honestly keep it all together in my trunk, at home I don't think it matters, for ur jeep get a locking gun case put it I. Ur back seat, and ammo in ur glove box, that's what my buddy does In his pick up truck

Yeah....good luck with that my Glove box wouldnt hold 5% of what i normally keep in the truck. :sarcastichand:

That shelving and ammo box idea is good. I mean that is some investment right there assuming those actually have ammo in them. I also don't think I would be taking pics and putting them on the net if that was me...

That shelving and ammo box idea is good. I mean that is some investment right there assuming those actually have ammo in them. I also don't think I would be taking pics and putting them on the net if that was me...

It can go a few ways, first it could be a regular camera and no GEO-tag so location wouldn't be known, second, who in there right mind would think about breaking into a house that has that much ammo, you would think they would be rather prepared for an intruder. :triniti:

Harry

As a side note, avoid the new leadless ammo, as it does not have near the shelf life of older Ammo if properly stored. If you have that, keep the other stuff and shoot that up. Unless you are in your 70s and have no children.

Humidity and temperature monitoring.

I'm just curious, do you know that for a fact or are you guessing? That thing is about 10x the cost of a datalogging weather station. And, unlike the weather station, you need to add the transmitters and program the chart recorder to use them.