Malsua

Cherry Ridge

I realize the range is closed this weekend for a work weekend.

Canistear is currently being repaved. Friday driving home, where the pavement had been ground up, it was a pot hole disaster. I got sucked into a pothole rut that took over. It was scary.

Anyway,

I follow the Vernon police on Facebook and they posted this 2 hours ago:

http://www.facebook.com/vernonpolice

Canistear Road is closed to THRU TRAFFIC, only LOCAL TRAFFIC ALLOWED due to massive amounts of pot holes and on-going road work until further notice. Any concerns or questions, contact the Vernon Township Road Department at 973-764-3021.

The paving is supposed to be finished in the next 5 days but I suspect it will go longer. I would avoid going up there until the road is done. I'm going to take 515 to/from work next week because of the backups.

• Like 1

Any updates on the condition of Canistear Road? Has it been paved (only care about the road between 23N and Range rd)? If not, can you still get to CR without trashing your tires/rims from the potholes?

Canistear is mostly paved from 23 to Range road. There is a little bit to do yet but the dangerous (and yes, it was literally dangerous) parts are paved now. I took it home tonight, no biggie. You may still run into flag men during the day for the little section to be done.

Anecdotally I heard that a pickup truck that went off the road is what precipitated the cops to immediately close the road. Apparently it wheel hopped, spun around 180 and off into the weeds it went and got hung up in the brush. I think I know where it happened...the same spot that literally took over my car. There was no warning..just tooling along at 40 or so and whammo, two Conestoga wagon ruts with giant gar holes in them. It jerked the car left, right while bam bam bam bam...I got it shut down pretty quick but a leaf spring pickup truck could easily get out of shape in a hurry.

I haven't been on the Shotgun range. Is there enough room for more then one group? Could someone be sighting in a slug gun and someone else be shooting clays?

Depends on the size of your group but there's plenty of room. Watch one of my videos...

I haven't been on the Shotgun range. Is there enough room for more then one group? Could someone be sighting in a slug gun and someone else be shooting clays?

I would site in my shotgun on the rifle range. You don't want to put a target out where the clays are flying.

your slugs need to go down to the 50/100 yd rifle range. The SG range will let you run patterns for shot near the far left port.

How far out would you say that patterning things is? I can't ever make a good guess. It coundn't be 30 yards could it?