NJScott

Iran To Send Naval Vessels Off U.S. Territorial Limit

I read another article on this and it seems to be widely thought in the naval community that Iran doesn't have the resources to do this. They have no aircraft carriers or destroyers, and have nowhere to refuel and resupply once they reach the atlantic. The Iranian Navy could in theory resupply somewhere in south america that shares their dislike for this country, but it seems that the threat is empty as it stands right now.

Venezuela?

Ok, I'll discuss.

What nukes? And we already have a plan.

Discussion over.

Iran is so full of propaganda and empty threats (that they know are empty) and just try and scare people. I cannot tell you how many times I've been flying up (or down) the Persian Gulf only to have Iran start yelling at us saying we are approaching their airspace and to identify ourselves blahblahblah only for the US navy to pretty much tell them we aren't and to shut up...in slightly different terminology.

Having a plan and being allowed to follow that plan are two different things. As far as iran having nukes, I guess they let you inspect their inventories on a regular basis. You tier 1 guys get all the jucey info first.

I expect they would use them as launch platforms for EMP-tipped missiles they already have

To send us back to a pre-electricity Stone Age

Call me :icon_e_confused: crazy

I don't think your crazy and i think i read somewhere that a gulf launch was preferable

So you take a bunch of naval vessels, put nukes them. Steam into international waters and sit there. After a while go flank speed at our shores, by the time this administration reacts and gets a plan together you are very close to shore. Light off the nuke and render our shipping fleets and ports inoprable. Discuss.

Everyone in the world knows you can't invaid the US mainland.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpps/news/iran-may-send-warships-near-us-waters-dpgonc-km-20110927_15226733

THIS is what happens when a country and its image, its reputation and its world standing is devalued by a clown and his entourage in the White House and the State Department.

We should wait until and if they stray a nautical mile within our limits and then send them to the bottom. This BS from these despotic regimes needs to stop and stop now.

I support your extremist views! +1 lol

It would be naive to think that Iran doesn't already float some of their crap near the US mainland, albeit flagged under a different country. The difference here being that floating military vessels is just for show and propaganda and really holds no threat whatsoever.

And then start another senseless war? We park our naval ships on peoples front door all the time. This is no reason for an outrage if you ask me.

Please don't equivocate between what the U.S. does and what these bloodthirsty 13th century throwbacks do. This is a regime who has all but declared war on us; has been killing our soldiers by proxy since the start of hostilities in Iraq and Afghanistan; and has called repeatedly for the destruction of Israel.

I do not recall our aims as being quite that radical. You?

From what I have read, it's pretty clear that Iran plans to use these ships to smuggle Tea Party operatives into the US, copies of the US Constitution complete with Bill of Rights, and also M1 carbines and former US 1911s. I think that should get their fleet nuked darn quick. ;)

They should rather stick to safer pursuits, such as steeling away sunbathers from the NJ beaches and holding them hostage for years on end.

I fully realize that the sea-borne Mullah Maritimers pose no real threat; it was the propaganda angle they wish to exploit that I should have been clear about. Their "making a statement" to their ME cronies, who will be sitting on the edge of their collectives camels to see the U.S. reaction, should be met by appropriate force should they be stupid enough to actually cross over our territorial limits.

It is not far-fetched, at least from what I've gleaned regarding the relationship between them and the sick bastard in Venezuela, to think that THEY could flag one of their warships (do they have any?) with an Iranian rag in order to poke us with a stick between the bars.

Hey, not saying any of it will happen, but if it does we should be DONE with talking, reasoning, appealing, going to the douchebags in the U.N., etc., to "end the crisis" and just KTTFO militarily.

Thanks for the vote of support, vlad, LOL.

From what I have read, it's pretty clear that Iran plans to use these ships to smuggle Tea Party operatives into the US, copies of the US Constitution complete with Bill of Rights, and also M1 carbines and former US 1911s Korean War surplus Garands. I think that should get their fleet nuked darn quick. ;)

They should rather stick to safer pursuits, such as steeling away sunbathers from the NJ beaches and holding them hostage for years on end.

FTFY

:facepalm:

Please don't equivocate between what the U.S. does and what these bloodthirsty 13th century throwbacks do. This is a regime who has all but declared war on us; has been killing our soldiers by proxy since the start of hostilities in Iraq and Afghanistan; and has called repeatedly for the destruction of Israel.

I do not recall our aims as being quite that radical. You?

Not at all, but you stated in your original post that we should just wait till they come close and blow them up. Talk about 13th century throwbacks...

It's telling that you throw a pejorative term at ME, one that I originally threw at the maniacal regime in Tehran (you know...the ones that have been threatening "Death to the Great Satan" for over 30 years now?), rather than condemn the sick bastids who are planning on a provocative action like this. THAT, on top of your original post, which did indeed attempt to show that the U.S. has been no better than Iran in its past naval actions.

Done, guy....and good luck with that global Kumbaya singalong you seem to be looking forward to.

• Like 1

You said to blow up the 13th century throwbacks if they got close to us. Whether they were going to attack us or not doesn't matter because you didn't state that. If they came over here to attack then h3ll ya, send them to the briney deep. If they were just there why would we destroy them? That would put us on there level. I didn't try to say that our government is no better than Iran's. However our navy is sent all over the world whether we are at a time of peace or war. We put our ships pretty much anywhere in the world that we want. Here's a perfect example: The Great White Fleet. And one of the reason's for that was to show the world who had the biggest d*ck in the pool no matter how cold the water was. Lol.

Furthermore,

1733676-u_mad_bro_super.jpg

• Like 1