alowerlevel

What oil do you use?

stay away from clp. there are many people who use it because its "issued" to them in the military and they think it saves time but you're cutting corners. you can not properly clean, lube, and preserve a firearm all from one can. proper maintenance is key, especially in an ar platform. look into militec 1.

Another vote for Militec-1. I clean with Hoppes#9 and lube with Militec-1.

I may need to try Frog Lube next because the last major gun cleaning session almost got me banished due to the #9 fragrance. I like it, she is underwhelmed!

BTW - I sent a bunch of Militec-1 to my nephew and his fire team in the sand box last year. They loved it and are stocking up on it for their return performance next month.

Forty years ago I used LSA and whatever bore cleaner came in that green can. I never had a malfunction in the field. Today I use Hoppes #9 in the bore and CLP. The key is to have a clue and use it correctly. There are FMs and TMs on the net to show you how. Grease? Obama, please!

Just picked up the Slip2000EWL. According to the bottle, you can use it for cleaning as well as lube. I currently clean with Hoppes and then lube separately. Is the concensus here to stick with Hoppes for cleaning, or use the EWL for both clean and lube?

Hoppes or better yet M-pro 7 for cleaning and leave the EWL just for lubing. I put a light coat on the bolt for storage, and keep it wet while i'm shooting. it doesnt need to be running out of the bottom of the trigger opening of course, but i've been running well since i went to it. While i still have a quart of Hoppes sitting on the bench, it's for backup, i'm using the M-pro all the time now.