NickC

So, why did they not invade?

then add in people like me who DONT HUNT, but love building their arsenals! :icon_mrgreen:

Oh, you mean the guys with a dozen $1,500 black rifles that I see shooting from a full rest at 50 yards on a bench, complete with a buddy playing spotter, and the damn "group" is still bigger than a pizza box?

Yeah, I'm real confident about those guys leading "la resistance" :rolleyes:

And like DevsAdvocate said, Deer don't shoot back with machine guns and call in air support.

• Like 1

Oh, you mean the guys with a dozen $1,500 black rifles that I see shooting from a full rest at 50 yards on a bench, complete with a buddy playing spotter, and the damn "group" is still bigger than a pizza box?

And like DevsAdvocate said, Deer don't shoot back with machine guns and call in air support.

What?

DA is correct, and as you know, I'm not a big fan of Tacticool. But you guys have any idea about the impact of guerrilla warefare?

Vietnam and Afganistan just to name two. Having your homeland invaded is a hell of a motivator.

Even our easy going Coastie Ray Ray I could see as being a real animal under hostile situations.

• Like 1

This is what I have been reading as well. A few years ago they had the ability to turn the lock sensor in the air to air missile head instead of having to point the entire plane on axis of the heat source. Basically the missile sensors are connected to the pilots helmet much like the cannon on the Cobra and apache helicopters

That weapon system has since been exported to countries that use Russian aircraft. I don't know if the US has made anything similar to that since I last read it but that had the US reeling. Especially when India won an air to air competition using the Russian planes.

I know the F-18E has off boresite capability not sure about F-22. Weren"t the US fighting down graded against the Indians, not using the BVR capabilities?

TC

Wow, really, I guess everyone here should just bow to your greatness.

Harry

• Like 1

Wow, really, I guess everyone here should just bow to your greatness.

Harry

Sorry, but I just call it like it is. I'm no combat veteran, don't get me wrong. But I always get a good laugh at the clowns at the range with $2k AR-15 with top of the line optics, sitting there at the bench with a spotter and two sand bags trying their hardest to make 18" "groups" at 50 yards then proceeding to brag about how they're "ready for SHTF" or other such nonsense. It'd be like some guy who did his own oil change saying he's a master mechanic or someone who knows how to auto update iTunes calling themselves a computer tech.

It's also akin to when you go on other gun boards and see the guys with their 105lb bug out bags and dozen guns and ammo, then see a pic of the guy and he's 42, obese and looks like he'd have a heart attack if he sat up too fast.

I know the F-18E has off boresite capability not sure about F-22. Weren"t the US fighting down graded against the Indians, not using the BVR capabilities?

TC

I think at the time the Indians won the US did not have that system in their inventory, thus was not a part of the cometition. I haven't kept up as much as I used to so I would not be surprised if we had the system in place now.

I have alays wondered how the internal stores of the F-22 would affect missile lock and how the military compensated for it.

Sorry, but I just call it like it is. I'm no combat veteran, don't get me wrong. But I always get a good laugh at the clowns at the range with $2k AR-15 with top of the line optics, sitting there at the bench with a spotter and two sand bags trying their hardest to make 18" "groups" at 50 yards then proceeding to brag about how they're "ready for SHTF" or other such nonsense. It'd be like some guy who did his own oil change saying he's a master mechanic or someone who knows how to auto update iTunes calling themselves a computer tech.

It's also akin to when you go on other gun boards and see the guys with their 105lb bug out bags and dozen guns and ammo, then see a pic of the guy and he's 42, obese and looks like he'd have a heart attack if he sat up too fast.

What?

Oh come on, you know exactly the kind of people I'm talking about.

LMAO, And we know you are not one how??

Is your word of what you are and who you are more reliable than other people here on the forum?

You have to realize what 99.999% of the folks here know about you is what you have typed in the forum, and I wouldn't say it has been the lets be friends and I have something important to say and lets shoot together. What I get from what you write is I am better than everyone on the forum and your all below me.

Now don't get me started on how you really come across when we factor in your Screen Name, attitude and your style of writing.

But hey, just calling it like I see it.

Harry

Oh come on, you know exactly the kind of people I'm talking about.

Yes, but your stereo-typing everyone into one group. I've seen (and personally know) many great shooters. Lots of them are here.

• Like 1

If I can throw my 2 cents about Japanese invasion plans.

I read that they knew they would never have the manpower to invade mainland USA.

The best case scenario they planned for is if midway succeeded they would invade Hawaii.

The plan was to round up the roughly 500,000 civilians in concentration camps and use them as bargaining chips in a cease fire agreement.

I dont have any AR15s & not out of shape. (esp for being 40)

As far as my screen name goes, I can back my sh*t up, even if you half my age!

-trust me!

Hello.

My comment was not meant as a personal insult. Nor was it a challenge to fight you in the octagon.

There's an old expression, "if the shoe fits, wear it"

If people are good shooters, and not the kind of clowns I'm talking about, then I see no reason why they should be angry at me.

What I'm saying is no more than the generic "mall ninja" jokes that people would laugh at on any gun board. I'm not sure why people took offense to my statements.

....sum learn the hard way. :threaten:

its a rough crowd around here!

that it is lol

we are all wrong and screw up sometimes butt atleast friggen admit it when u are wrong instead of trying to defend yourself knowingly

If people are good shooters, and not the kind of clowns I'm talking about, then I see no reason why they should be angry at me.

I think you are paying way the heck too much attention to other people's abilities. I'm at the range many times a week, and rarely do I notice other people's group sizes.

If someone wants to have a friend spotting, sounds like they have nice friends.

If someone wants to buy nice rifles, what the heck does that have to do with you.

People who aren't good marksmen don't have the right to friends or nice rifles in your special world?

What I'm saying is no more than the generic "mall ninja" jokes that people would laugh at on any gun board. I'm not sure why people took offense to my statements.

Your opening up the door each comment you make, it's really getting comical dude.

People don't need to be great shooters, they don't need to be hunters, bullseye shooters, don't need to compete, don't need to even hit the target all the time.

However if they are being safe and not endangering anyone or anything, I do not have a problems with them. They can be dressed in full combat gear, or normal clothes. the person doesn't matter, how that handle there weapons does.

Now I really can't see how you honestly can't see how you might be pissing some people here, while I'll never consider myself a Mall Ninja, I do know some who may think of that as an honor, and before you go jumping on your high horse if you took the time to meet some of the folks around here and getting to know them, you will find out there are a lot of great people here from all backgrounds, but it seems you have already ruled out many and decided your better than them.

Harry

Sorry, but I just call it like it is. I'm no combat veteran, don't get me wrong. But I always get a good laugh at the clowns at the range with $2k AR-15 with top of the line optics, sitting there at the bench with a spotter and two sand bags trying their hardest to make 18" "groups" at 50 yards then proceeding to brag about how they're "ready for SHTF" or other such nonsense.

which is why i always shoot alone, bare a** naked, with a $400 AR and tasco red dot

....sum learn the hard way. :threaten:

its a rough crowd around here!

I don't understand why you're giving him a tough time. He makes a valid point. For every one of us who goes out and practices our shooting skills, there are quite a few gun owners out there who haven't function checked the pistol in their nightstand for a few months, much less gone to the range. This is even more apt when discussing combat shooting skills and dealing with the potential of actually shooting back at someone while under fire yourself. This narrows things down to police who have actually been in a shooting, and military vets who have seen combat.

We're not combat soldiers, and I wouldn't dare going toe to toe with a group of well armed men trained in combat arms with artillery support at the other end of a radio. But their truck drivers, fuel tankers, and REMFs are fair game. :icon_twisted:

Hopefully with RTSP opening soon, I can get some simunition trigger time in. See how well I do under fire/pressure.

• Like 1

We're not combat soldiers, and I wouldn't dare going toe to toe with a group of well armed men trained in combat arms with artillery support at the other end of a radio. But their truck drivers, fuel tankers, and REMFs are fair game. :icon_twisted:

All those guys you just mentioned are trained in combat arms and have artillery, air support and armoured vehicles. At least in this country's Army.

All those guys you just mentioned are trained in combat arms and have artillery, air support and armoured vehicles. At least in this country's Army.

Obviously excluding the US Army when discussing your average joe shooter. I would bet that even veterans who served in combat would balk at taking on enemy uniformed soldiers on their own, or with average joes with little to no combat experience.

In war, it's best to let your insurgent forces deal with "soft" targets (logistics) than go after frontline units. If America were invaded, let the US military handle to enemy main forces, and take it on your self to attack them in the rear.

Our best weapon to fend off an invasion in this country isn't an AR-15... it's ANFO and pipebombs. We'll do to them what they did to us in Afghanistan and Iraq.