msg73

Good time at the CR 2x4 event!

It was my first time shooting the 2x4 event and I had a great time. I met up with Chris327 and we started the morning shooting some clays (including doubles) with both of our EasyBird throwers. We then headed over to the handgun range. Most of the people were shooting .45 while I was using my M&P40. I still managed to go 3 for 3, but I was paired with some good shooters (Ron, Mark, Ken). I wish I could have stayed longer. I can't wait for the next event.

-Mike

The carbine is alot of fun. Get a cheap hi point carbine. You can't beat it. let me know if you want a hi point I might know someone. And another thing if you have a glock dont get kci mags. I have 1 and it didn't work at all. Jammed every round.

You might have a bad KCI Mag, I have 14 to 16 KCI Mags for my Glock 19 and not a problem with them at all. I do know a few people did have some problems with a bur or little flashing making them stick at times but tear them apart and clean them up, shave or sand anything that's not right and they are just as good as factory mags, well let me rephrase, as good for shooting holes in paper or USPSA/IDPA etc, but I do leave HD/PD to factory mags.

Harry

The carbine is alot of fun. Get a cheap hi point carbine. You can't beat it. let me know if you want a hi point I might know someone. And another thing if you have a glock dont get kci mags. I have 1 and it didn't work at all. Jammed every round.

That's why I stay with good quality mags. It seems the cheap ones never work well. I'm good for sub-carbines. I'm trying to resist my next purchase but resistence is futile.

It was a good day. I remember you because you are "Mike S" and I am "Mike D". You have all winter to find a .45, revolver, lever action and semiauto carbine. :icon_mrgreen:

I was "Mike G" but I think you are referring to me as I didn't hear a "Mike S" being called. I remember a "Mike D" because everytime your name was called I got excited thinking I heard my name being called.

Chris - can you pm me the details on the Hi Point.

So I guess when this starts up again next year you'll be hearing?Mike H.... that would be me... Was up there with a friend that is a member. Fun time, liked the banter. All I have is a 9mm, any chance of being able to go with that? Or should I be looking for a 45?? Once again, had a great time...

So I guess when this starts up again next year you'll be hearing?Mike H.... that would be me... Was up there with a friend that is a member. Fun time, liked the banter. All I have is a 9mm, any chance of being able to go with that? Or should I be looking for a 45?? Once again, had a great time...

.45 will give you the best shot at wins, but 9mm will still get the job done. Of course, sometimes you get a real stubborn piece of wood and it doesn't matter what caliber you're shooting! The point of this is to have fun and dump mass quantities of ammo downrange as fast as possible; don't feel like you need to be competitive.

.45 will give you the best shot at wins, but 9mm will still get the job done. Of course, sometimes you get a real stubborn piece of wood and it doesn't matter what caliber you're shooting! The point of this is to have fun and dump mass quantities of ammo downrange as fast as possible; don't feel like you need to be competitive.

Not trying to be overly competitive, just dont want to be a heal either..... I'm decent in the shooting, but not sure how well the gun and I will perform cutting a 2x4...

Having shot the events with a 9mm open gun, a 40s&w limited gun, and a 1911 45acp, I can honestly tell you that if you want to be competitive you will need a 45acp (preferably in a wadcutter)

This year my teammate and I were not able to attend any of matches this year.

Our best times were with the 45acp. We both have nearly identical guns that we used and again the 45acp was king.

We WILL be attending several matches next year to reclaim our fastest team title.

Having shot the events with a 9mm open gun, a 40s&w limited gun, and a 1911 45acp, I can honestly tell you that if you want to be competitive you will need a 45acp (preferably in a wadcutter)

Our best times were with the 45acp. We both have nearly identical guns that we used and again the 45acp was king.

We WILL be attending several matches next year to reclaim our fastest team title.

Not sure if the format has changed, but you put your name in the queue and you get paired up based on the order. I suppose if you submit your names one after another you have a chance but there's no guarantee that you'll have the same partner. After each match, my partner and I re-submitted our names at the same time but still got paired up with different people for every match. That 10+ sec time is impressive and I wish I was there to see it. Just for comparison, what were your other times?

Mike, you can do as a team. Just tell the guy that runs it and he will keep you as a team. Solo's they toss around. I think 9mm can work. If you are an accurate shooter and quick enough I dont see a problem. I know its not the best but it can compete. the 2nd event this year there was a guy using a ruger 22lr. And he won some matches with it. Then think too the 9mm carbine works, I understand its a carbine but it works.

Ron, did somebody beat your time with Will? That was fast at 10.36 if I remember correctly.

Ryan

Not sure if the format has changed, but you put your name in the queue and you get paired up based on the order. I suppose if you submit your names one after another you have a chance but there's no guarantee that you'll have the same partner. After each match, my partner and I re-submitted our names at the same time but still got paired up with different people for every match. That 10+ sec time is impressive and I wish I was there to see it. Just for comparison, what were your other times?

Our average time for the two events we went to was around 15 seconds. Some were faster, few were slower.

We were a group of 4 and we switched around within and out of our group. But voodoodaddy and I shot most of the time together.

Like I said we used other guns, but our times with the 45acp (10 round mags) were faster than anything else we used.