Krdshrk

USPSA @ OBRPC - 10/23/11

I would really like to come out and shoot this match. I have never shot a match before but i am really looking foward to getting into it. I have a glock 19 gen 4 with 5 mags and a blackhawk holster but i dont have any mag holders. Would this be a good match for my first? What would i need to shoot in this match/ how much ammo ect? Even if i cant shoot this match i will most likely go just to see how it is donr and put some faces to names. I just started shooting 9 or 10 months ago and i really really like it. any info would be really helpful.

Thanks everyone

ZOMBIE

I shot my first USPSA match in Old Bridge. The guys will always help and give you pointers. The point of your first match is to take it slow and not to get DQ'd from the match. Get at least 4 mag pouch. Since it's this coming Sunday, give Shore Shot a call if they have mag pouches. I usually carry 250 rds with me just in case and that's what I suggest you bring. Get there early because you have to go to a new shooter briefing so when you register, tell the guys you are a new shooter.

Watch the videos that someone pinned to help you understand:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18511-new-to-uspsa/

Ryan

Still gimpy?

Thanks for asking Nick, I am actually doing well.

Kind of bummed out I missed some good matches because of my foot and other things the last 2 months, but it is what it is.

Wife is due to give birth soon (any day now) and I will not be attending matches for some time.

Well I worked out a little deal and I will be able to make it for a a while, might not be able to stay for all the stages but at least I will get to play for a little before I go to work. Man, I wish I wasn't working today so I could play with the Crono to test out a few loads I have done but 1 more time with factory ammo is it. :)

Harry

I plan on coming by to check this out. I don't plan on shooting, this time. What is a good time to stop by to get a good idea what it's all about?

Anytime after 10-1030 should be good for giving you a taste. I need to caution you, however, that once you see what's going on, you're going to be pissed that you didn't show up earlier and shoot.

I plan on coming by to check this out. I don't plan on shooting, this time. What is a good time to stop by to get a good idea what it's all about?

After seeing it you are going to be pissed you didn't shoot, believe me, come on out and join the fun. The fun should be starting close to On Time but we will see, registration closes at 0930 and should be starting to shoot at 1000. So it would be good to get there on time to squad up if you decide not to be kicking you own butt for not doing this.

However if you really are not going to shoot, you might want to wait until 1100, this way even if we start late, it will have started by that time.

Remember again regardless if your shooting or not, bring Eyes and Ears.

Harry

I would say 9:30, so you can meet some of the guys.

For those shooting, anyone else an RO, would love for all us to squad together, but we all need to get there early, by 9 I would say. And have one person hand in all the slips.

Nick, make the list of who all is going?

Anytime after 10-1030 should be good for giving you a taste. I need to caution you, however, that once you see what's going on, you're going to be pissed that you didn't show up earlier and shoot.

I'm sure. I'm not really equipped anyway. I have a holster for the p220 but no mag holders. I have nothing for the FNP45, it hasn't even been fired yet. I just want to check it out and see if it's something I may be interested in trying out this spring. I will definitely be coming by though.

I'll see if I can scrounge a mag holder.

Why do I always make the rosters? lol.

Shooting:

Krdshrk +1

Maksim

j0n

tony357

Babaganoosh

tanghan

KpdPipes +1

hiker88

AS350Driver +1

hd2000fxdl

skibum2

Ryan626

Possibly Shooting:

Zombie

Freejersey

I'm sure. I'm not really equipped anyway. I have a holster for the p220 but no mag holders. I have nothing for the FNP45, it hasn't even been fired yet. I just want to check it out and see if it's something I may be interested in trying out this spring. I will definitely be coming by though.

I don't have any mag holders made for your mags, but I have some of the soft ones that are good for a bunch of different double-stack mags and if you have a belt and holster I let you use them. I'll be leaving before the match ends but that's not a problem,I have a bunch and we can work out when you get them back to me.

Also I'd bet there will be a post soon with someone else maybe offering up a loaner to you also, that just the way we are around here.

Edit to add, of maybe an offer before I even finish typing this up. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

Wow. What a bunch of enablers! :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer.

It's a p220 carry sas. Single stack. I have plenty of mags and a serpa holster for it. The only thing i would need would be mag holders. But, I will not be needing them. I really just want to check it out right now.

Add Marlon (marl31) and I believe Romo.

How many brand new people?

Shooting:

Krdshrk +1

Maksim

j0n

tony357

Babaganoosh

tanghan

KpdPipes +1

hiker88

AS350Driver +1

hd2000fxdl

skibum2

Ryan626

Marl31

Romo

Possibly Shooting:

Zombie

Freejersey

New shooters:

My +1

AS350Driver's +1?

Wow. What a bunch of enablers! :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks for the offer.

It's a p220 carry sas. Single stack. I have plenty of mags and a serpa holster for it. The only thing i would need would be mag holders. But, I will not be needing them. I really just want to check it out right now.

No problem, just expect to here after we start at 1000 on the nose to here " I Told You So" by 1005, if we take our time. :sarcastichand:

Oh an the mag holder I have I also use for my singles that my Walther P-22 uses so it's good for anything for the most part, not the best but it would get ya running and gunning.

Harry

Okie... going to send Vlad an email about squadding, with so many people, cant promise anything, best thing, show up early, find us, planning on handing in the slips by 9:15.

So... if you want to squad together, obviously pre-register if you have not done yet, fill out the form, but don't hand it in. Find either Me, Jon, or Nick, and have them hold it, so we hand it in together.

Maybe we should get a list of people together who are interested in taking a RO class. I see on the Area 8 Page they do have a note that if there are people interested in taking the class and one isn't posted to let them know. Don't know how they are on getting this set up but if a bunch of use were interested maybe we can get a class done locally.

Almost sounds like Maks will be calling on Nick soon :icon_mrgreen:

Harry