Krdshrk

USPSA @ OBRPC - 10/23/11

Ok, will be uploading videos of what I have on my camera in a bit. If you were taped, and do not want it up, just let me know, will make it a private link to you, or not upload it at all.

So first and foremost... Chrono fun. =)

My loads came a little milder that typical, 168.5 power factor, was expecting 170 to 171, or at least 169.5 at Nationals.

For those that shoot 9mm..... stay away from 115 grain, and get 124.

A number of people went minor with COMMERCIAL ammo. CCI Blazer, and some other 115 grain.

A few people went Minor in a major gun, Ryan... come on bud.... 155?!?!?! =P

Harry, one of the stages that we had left to shoot after you left, will not count. Stage issue that made the stage be thrown out... so in Ray Ray's spirit... we made it our NJGF zombie stage, head shots only, IDPA style rules for mikes as we had no score sheets.

Tell ya what, you get a whole new appreciation for full size targets after you try to go head shots only on targets 15 yards out. =P

What else... we did not get done till about 5pm... some squads were slow and by the time we finished stage 3, our 5th of the day, there was still a full squad yet to go on the stage ahead of ours. So the break was kind of nice to shoot the zombie galore, and then shoot the shit' for a little while.

If enough folks get out and shoot these matches, and meet up, we can easily squad together, absolutely an awesome time.

I had a great time shooting today. This was my 4th USPSA match and my best squad so far. Nice meeting the folks here in the forum. :icon_razz:

Almost sounds like it may just get better for the NJGF squad / squads in the future.

I know I normally don't have to work Sundays and think a BBQ after shooting sounds good, I know next year in the spring when it get warm again, I'd be up for doing it at my pad, and I think I have a grill that can handle the cooking for a few people. :icon_mrgreen:

Wish .45 wasn't so expensive, one of these times I'm hoping to make it out.

Chris, excuses, excuses.

In our squad alone, we had 2 backup guns/rigs you could of use.

Hk USP, and Smith 1911 Pro series, both 9mm.

:icon_mrgreen:

I always have a backup gun with me, and most often a full belt/6 mags, etc.

Enablers :icon_e_biggrin:

Man, I got a Glock 19 and plenty of 9mm ammo and if we keep the the NJGF thing going I'll keep a full setup ready to go for any forum member and all they would need to do is cover the ammo cost for me. I only have a paddle holster and nylon mag holders but 14 to 16 mags and will have it in a range bag as a standby the next time we do this.

Chris, excuses, excuses.

In our squad alone, we had 2 backup guns/rigs you could of use.

Hk USP, and Smith 1911 Pro series, both 9mm.

:icon_mrgreen:

I always have a backup gun with me, and most often a full belt/6 mags, etc.

I actually brought a holster/belt/pouch rig for a 1911 singlestack just in case somebody needed one.:icon_e_wink:

Yeah my buddy that helped me load my ammo made that for the steel match. We weren't so sure it would go minor but I didn't want to waste it. Missed major by like .3 grains. Ill try to make shongum in two weeks so if you guys decide to squad together and I can make, I'm in!

Maks, I'm in for a shirt as well.

Sorry didn't get to squad with you guys as we had friends from ny/ ct over and from the way it looks, we would have been separated anyway.

It's still nice to meet everyone.

Ryan

How did you guys do?

I really wish I could have made it. Sounds like you guys had a great time and I will def be trying to makes it to the next one. As long as my daughter didn't get sick again. Really glad you guys were able to make a full squad hopefully we can keep this kind of turn out upfor all the matches.

Nice meeting the squad today. It was a long day but the weather was great. Not my best shooting day (took down more than a few hostages), but had a fun time anyway. I'll see if I can get some vids posted, but I'll be traveling for work until Friday.

Mike

Hey guys, for the up-coming steel match at Old Bridge, is this the event where you can use either a handgun or a shotgun with 7 1/2 loads? Do they also allow handgun caliber rifles?

I couldn't make the match today, beautiful weather today for those of you that did!

Hey guys, for the up-coming steel match at Old Bridge, is this the event where you can use either a handgun or a shotgun with 7 1/2 loads? Do they also allow handgun caliber rifles?

I couldn't make the match today, beautiful weather today for those of you that did!

I can't remember but I think it's only Center-fire Pistol and Rim-fire Pistol and Rifle. I don't think there is any shotgun and pistol caliber rifle. Doubt you would want to see a target that close with a rifle anyway. :icon_mrgreen: