Krdshrk

USPSA @ OBRPC - 10/23/11

Well with the number of holidays coming up, people with kids and November isn't always the best month to get away and forget December so January sounds like a good plan. Maybe sometime late January.. :icon_mrgreen:

Harry

I'll see about setting this up.

IF YOU ARE ARE A NEW SHOOTER THAT PLANS TO SHOOT BE THERE AT 9AM SO YOU ARE READY FOR THE NEW SHOOTER INTRODUCTION AROUND 9:30.

I doubt I'll be the one doing the squading as I'll be building a stage and then likely doing the new shooter intro, but if you want to shoot together, collect ALL your score sheets and money and hand them to the signup staff AS A SINGLE pile.

However, that many people might be an issue because a squad that big may present match running problems. Have a back up plan of splitting into two different groups. In fact have that plan at ANY match you attend because squading is always a challenge in match setup and the match director may have no choice but to break you up some, despite best intentions.

Also new shooters may not get a choice where they get squaded. Most of you have been through this, but we squad new shooters with squads with lots of RO's because they always need extra help, and because generally speaking they have a lot to learn on the first match so we don't expect them to tape, reset, score, etc and we want to make sure we don't have a squad that runs really slow.

That doesn't mean your giant squad won't work, ultimately it is up to Jim (the match director at OB) and he'll try to accommodate you if you come up with a large stack of score sheets, but the easier you make his life by getting everything together, the more likely it is you will get what you want.

Before anyone asks, I'm was doing the CJ scores up until someone PM'ed about this thread :)

I'll see if I can scrounge a mag holder.

Why do I always make the rosters? lol.

Shooting:

Krdshrk +1

Maksim

j0n

tony357

Babaganoosh

tanghan

KpdPipes +1

hiker88

AS350Driver +1

hd2000fxdl

skibum2

Ryan626

Possibly Shooting:

Zombie

Freejersey

Nick if you could add my brother, he's not on the forum, but is going to be a new shooter. As far as USPSA goes. His name Sean.

Yeah i'm an idiot, thats what the plus one is. Duh!

Vlad doesn't seem to be the type to have a problem telling someone no, neither does Jim Norman once he gets fired up about something.

I could be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that you don't need certified RO's for level 1 matches. Feel free to correct me anyone.

Edit. Don't bother Vlad if he's doing the scores!!!!

Edited by Babaganoosh

I could be wrong but I believe I read somewhere that you don't need certified RO's for level 1 matches. Feel free to correct me anyone.

Nope, but you do have to know the rules. We encourage everyone to pick up the timer, but realize when you do that you take responsibility for the safety of the stage and for the fairness of the game. So I encourage anyone to pick up the timer, but have a rule book at hand, if you don't know ask AND look it up to verify.

Edit. Don't bother Vlad if he's doing the scores!!!!

They are done now.

Maks, I'm not a certified RO, but RO'd most of the OBRAMS match and have no problems running anyone, for what that's worth.

Jon, I see Vlad answered the question if we actually do need certified RO's on each squad at level 1 matches. I know you have run the timer and stage for OBRAMS as have I as well as USPSA and there probably are a bunch of others who have also, so we should all be good to either split into 2 groups if 1 is really to big after we see who does show up. We always seem to loose someone at the last minute.

Good now that I said that, you all prove me wrong and show up. :icon_mrgreen:

Also I do have to get to work in the afternoon so unless this was the fastest USPSA match in history, I will score a DFN. Probably only have time for 3 maaayyybbbeeee 4 stages at the most, so we can keep that in mind if we all squad up.

Harry

Shooting:

Krdshrk +1

Maksim

j0n

tony357

Babaganoosh

tanghan

KpdPipes +1

hiker88

AS350Driver +1

hd2000fxdl

skibum2

Ryan626

Marl31

Romo

Possibly Shooting:

Zombie

Freejersey

New shooters:

My +1

AS350Driver's +1?

Is it too tlate to jump into the squad ? I'll defientely be there tommorrow.

NJGF Squad:

Krdshrk +1

Maksim

j0n

tony357

Babaganoosh

tanghan

hiker88

AS350Driver +1

hd2000fxdl

skibum2

Ryan626

bcoops

Other shooters:

KpdPipes +1

Marl31

Possibly Shooting:

Zombie

Freejersey

New shooters:

My +1

AS350Driver's Brother

Bcoops - you've shot before right? Can't recall.

NJGF Squad:

Krdshrk +1

Maksim

j0n

tony357

Babaganoosh

tanghan

hiker88

AS350Driver +1

hd2000fxdl

skibum2

Ryan626

bcoops

Other shooters:

KpdPipes +1

Marl31

Possibly Shooting:

Zombie

Freejersey

New shooters:

My +1

AS350Driver's Brother

Bcoops - you've shot before right? Can't recall.

One USPSA match at Old Bridge, Multiple OBRAMS and Static Steel matches.

Well it was great seeing some of the folk I have meet before and all of the new one who did show up to shoot. We had a great squad and I think the number of NJGF members were just over 20, so thats was close to 1 in 6 people at OB were forum members, could even be more depending if some lurkers did identify themselves.

I had to boogie early to get to work, but had a blast, was nice shooting with everyone and hope we can keep a good number of the forum folks shooting together like we did today/

Only down side to today was I didn't make Major Power factor but hey, hit the A's and it doesn't matter,yea well that good for people WHO can hit the A's :icon_mrgreen:

Hope everyone had a good time also and the last 3 stages were just as good or better than the ones we shot, should be video out sometime later, just remember the camera does add 20 pounds and there was more than 1 camera. :sarcastichand:

Till the next time guys, Oh and Ray Ray, there were Zombies...

Harry

Ok, so you guys were right. I was kinda kicking myself for not bringing anything to shoot. Then again, I only had 2 hours before I had to get home. I spent about an hour watching on the first stage thinking, eh, this is kind of boring. Then I walked around and checked out the other stages. Definitely looks like someting I could get into. Next time I will be prepared. Just need to decide between the single stack p220 or double stack FNP-45. Maybe even go out and pick up something in 9mm. I had planned to get there earlier to meet some of you guys but I didn't show up until about 10:45. I did introduce myself to Harry but that was about it. I didn't want to disturb anyone while they were getting ready to shoot.

So, when's the next one?

Good meeting you Steve, and yea, I told ya so,,,,:icon_mrgreen:

Next time, oh and don't forget the Steel Matches at OB, next one will be on Sunday Nov 6th. They are a lot of fun also, and there is just something about your target making a noise that adds to your shooting fun.

So, when's the next one?

Shongum 11/05 - USPSA / Five stages. This is a good one for first timers. Very friendly crowd, newbie friendly

CJRPC 11/13 - USPSA / Five stages. A little more intense than Shongum

SCFGPA 11/20 - IDPA / This is a qualifier match. Not sure of the number of stages, but usually four, but may be more if the classifiers are simple/quick. Limited entry to 20 shooters - must e-mail the MD to reserve a slot ([email protected]). Probably not a good first match, unless you are already an unclassified IDPA member and want to be classified ASAP. (THIS MATCH IS FULL)

IDPA is a bit different than USPSA. More things to keep in mind. Less equipment. Lower round count.

Definitely join in. I intend to be at these three matches. Usually have room in the car for another shooter, if you live south of me or close by (I'm north of Trenton along the river) PM me if you want to come along.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Shot horribly today and had to leave early. Had an ammo problem although I made my power factor. Not hard to make minor though. Update some more later.

I really have no idea what anyone looks like, plus didn't see the posts about a NJGF squad till now. Better off since I shot horribly. Just a bad day all around

Shot horribly today and had to leave early. Had an ammo problem although I made my power factor. Not hard to make minor though. Update some more later.

I really have no idea what anyone looks like, plus didn't see the posts about a NJGF squad till now. Better off since I shot horribly. Just a bad day all around

Had to boogie early myself but due to work. Keep en eye out, while I know there have been other matches that a bunch of forum members have gotten together, I think this one was different and I hope we started something new.

Like I said I knew there had to be others that didn't speak up that they were from the Forum, so with you that should put us, the NJGF members making up 20% of the shooters if not more today.

This was an Epic match.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the guys who made it out. This was the most fun I have had shooting in a long time.

Yep, we had an ALL NJGF squad. 12 folks.

Most of all, everyone shot safe, and seemed to have a terrific time, and we were not the slowest squad.

Alot more comments coming, such as about the chrono fun, and how this match was the Ray Ray special that he missed. Shower first. =P

Had alot of fun.. It was good to meet everyone..

Max it was that tenth round I was jamming into the mag.. New something was diffrent..

EDIT: I used 157 rounds today.

So I have 200+190+157=547rnds through the kimber..

And on a big note my reloads made power factor :good:

going to have fun with the chrono..

Had to boogie early myself but due to work. Keep en eye out, while I know there have been other matches that a bunch of forum members have gotten together, I think this one was different and I hope we started something new.

Like I said I knew there had to be others that didn't speak up that they were from the Forum, so with you that should put us, the NJGF members making up 20% of the shooters if not more today.

Great Day.. Good to see you Harry.