Krdshrk

USPSA @ OBRPC - 10/23/11

Nick, fantastic, I really like the shooters view of the stages, very cool.

I think we should have a few of these set up in a sticky for USPSA, IDPA and Speed on Steel and Knockdown Steel. This would give a great example to anyone who asks, what it like.

Be even nicer to have your head cam view and also handheld camera view, would be really cool to split screen them and have them synchronized to play together.

Harry

some vids that I took:

krdshrk:

tanghan:

tony357:

me:

video quality is not that great... I was using one of those older flip cameras :icon_e_sad:

Fixed :)

the Youtu.be links don't work - had to convert it to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<etc>

I can't remember but I think it's only Center-fire Pistol and Rim-fire Pistol and Rifle. I don't think there is any shotgun and pistol caliber rifle. Doubt you would want to see a target that close with a rifle anyway. :icon_mrgreen:

Hmmm.... I shot a match there earlier this year and started-off with my shotgun which gave me issues feeding so I had my wife bring me her 9mm so I could finish the day. This was a knockdown steel event, just not sure what it was called. Now that I have my Saiga-12 broken-in I have no problems with it shooting light loads and want a run with it again. Pistol will be in the bag just in case though!

Hmmm.... I shot a match there earlier this year and started-off with my shotgun which gave me issues feeding so I had my wife bring me her 9mm so I could finish the day. This was a knockdown steel event, just not sure what it was called. Now that I have my Saiga-12 broken-in I have no problems with it shooting light loads and want a run with it again. Pistol will be in the bag just in case though!

World Class Steel Action Steel Match

Action Steel Knockdown Matches are similar to a Pro Am match but we use a longer par time for each stage in our Action Steel match. A standard 25-30 target knockdown stage used as a tie-breaker. Action Steel consists of four stages each month with 40-50 knockdown steel targets per stage arranged with props as in USPSA style matches. Shooters start from a designated start position with the firearm loaded, safety on and, on signal, engage all steel from each shooting position. Holsters are recommended, but shooters may start from the low ready position (penalty assessed). Stages may be shot with handgun, pistol caliber carbine, 22 rimfire rifles, and shotgun. Shotguns must use low brass with 7-1/2 or smaller shot. No magnum centerfire or magnum rimfire rounds are allowed.

Matches are shot Apr - Nov on the 2nd Saturday of the month.

Shooters unfamiliar with this discipline are welcome and will be squadded with other beginners under the guidance of a seasoned Club member.

Firearm Divisions:

Pistol Open (optics & compensators)

Pistol Iron (iron sights)

Revolver Open (optics & compensators)

Revolver Iron (iron sights)

Carbine (Pistol caliber only)(optics or iron)

Carbine .22 Rimfire (10 rounds in mag)(optics or iron)

Shotgun Open

Shotgun Limited

Shotgun Pump

Ammunition:

Minimum round count of 150; 200 recommended.

Minimum of 5 magazines or 6 speed loaders

Any centerfire pistol round up to 45 ACP

Pistol Caliber carbine including .22 rimfire

Shotgun 7-1/2 or smaller low brass

No Magnums or .30 Carbine.

Start time: 9am at outdoor range.

$10 for OBR&PC members with ID card.

$20 for Guests and Members w/o ID card.

Monthly league matches have a cash payout awarded via the WCS Lewis System.

World Class Steel Static Steel

Static Steel matches are held on the first Sunday of every month April thru November. Sign-up is at 8:30 am. Matches start at 9:00 am. You will need 3-4 hours to complete the match.

There are 5 stages. Each stage has five steel plates each of which must be hit at least once. One, a "Stop Plate," must be hit last. You shoot as many rounds as necessary to hit all the targets within a 30 second time limit. Assuming no misses, the minimum round count is 125. Your worst time is discarded. The plates include rectangles as large as 18"x24" and discs of 10 or 12 inches. Each stage has a different plate configuration. Distances may range from 10 to 35 yards. A holster is recommended but not needed. Five magazines or speedloaders are recommended.

Shooters unfamiliar with this discipline are warmly welcomed, encouraged to participate and will be squadded with other "beginners" under the guidance of a seasoned Club member.

Firearm Divisions:

.22 Rimfire Open (optics & compensators)

.22 Rimfire Iron (iron sights)

.22 Rimfire Revolver Open (optics & compensators)

.22 Rimfire Revolver Iron (iron sights)

Carbine (Pistol caliber only)(optics or iron)

Carbine .22 Rimfire (optics or iron)

Ammunition:

Minimum round count of 125. Minimum of 5 magazines or 5 speed loaders.

Any centerfire pistol round up to 45 ACP or .22 rimfire. No Magnum Rounds.

$5.00 for OBR&PC members with ID card.

$20.00 for Guests and OBR&PC Members without ID card.

I stand corrected.. Also there is one more:

World Class Steel Frangible Steel

This static steel match is held in our heated Indoor Range on the first Sunday of December, January, February and March.

Ammunition must be frangible. Frangible ammunition in calibers 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP is available for sale at the range.

This match consists of four stages. Each stage will consist of four strings fired at five steel plates each of which must be hit at least once. One, a "Stop Plate," must be hit last. You shoot as many rounds as necessary to hit all the targets within a 30 second time limit. The slowest time on each stage is discarded. Assuming no misses, the minimum round count is 80. The plates include rectangles as large as 18"x24" and discs of 10 or 12 inches. Each stage has a different plate configuration. Distances may range from 3 to 12 yards. A holster is recommended but not needed. Four magazines or speedloaders are recommended. Ear and “wrap-around” eye protection are required.

Firearm Divisions:

Sign-up is at 8:30 am. Matches start at 9:00 am. Matches need about 3 hours to complete. No pre-registration is required.

Cost is $10.00 for OBRPC members and $20 for non-members. Cash awards will be awarded via the World Class Steel Lewis System.

Shooters unfamiliar with this discipline are warmly welcomed, are encouraged to participate and will be squadded with other "beginners" under the guidance of a seasoned Club member.

The match director or one of the other people running it will mail in the information to the USPSA. All you need to do is wait, and let me say, when I mailed mine in, I got everything the following week, I think it was under 7 days total, so depending on how fast they mail it out (they are good about doing it right away) you should have it in probably 1.5 to 2 weeks would be my guess.

Had a great time shooting with the forum group

yesterday. I joined uspsa yesterday at the match. does the club now send the info to uspsa? will i get an email or something with my uspsa number ?

The club will submit the application to USPSA. USPSA will mail you a membership card in the mail.

Until you get the card with your USPSA number, tell the club where you are shooting that your number is Pending. When the scores are submitted to USPSA, they will match it up to your name.