nj22

Any CZ owners?

At least I think that's what I'm trying to decide.

Still about 3 weeks out on the FID. But why not start shopping?

Can't find anywhere in N. Jersey to get my hands on an SP-01. Love the 75b, but am caught up on the claim that the SP-01 is better machined. Any thoughts? It's also heavier, and I'm worried the heavier spring on the SP will be annoying (the slide apparently snaps back if you don't replace it).

Then again, I'm open to any and all suggestions. Still thinking sig p226. It's just a little pricey and right hand only. And kind of ugly...

I own a 75b and could not be any happier with it. It is my favorite pistol that will always remain in my gun collection no matter what.

Here she is:

2149945850103989227mJDHDN_th.jpg

I love the steel frame and weight and the fact that I can shoot holes inside holes with it. It is very very accurate, and the slide-in-frame design is excellent. I think I shoot it well because of all these reasons combined, WITH the fact that the ergo's are second to none. It fits my hand like a glove, plain and simple. It also helps that in my eyes, it is one of the most aesthetically pleasing pistols around.

I also own the 97b, the .45acp big brother of the 75b. AWESOME pistol as well, and the felt recoil feels like a 9mm.

In regards to SP01 vs. 75b, I have shot the SP01 before and it was nice, don't get me wrong since I love all CZ's, but I preferred my 75b. They both are very similar, with I believe the SP01 having the stock night sights, rail, and slightly more barrel and weight. The 75b design is so classic and it really is one of the best pistols to date.

My vote is for the 75b, but your decision will ride on handling both of them and possibly even shooting both and seeing what is more comfortable and better liking to YOU.

P.s. - if you ever wanna shoot my CZ's, feel free to send me a PM.

I'm looking more full size--though those are pretty sweet.

Where are you finding these prices? I ask because everyone online seems to think the cz 75b "can be had for a little over $350." But all the shops in NJ either don't have them, or claim they are "expensive because they are hard to get."

I can find one out of state, of course, but then tack on shipping and the $75 transfer fee...

Thinking of going through the CZ custom shop and getting a trigger job off the bat.

Dont forget the CZ-70 (they run around $150)

25 yards

32target.jpg

And the CZ82 (about $200)

DSC00847.jpg

Let me give you a little advice from someone who owns a CZ 75B,40P,40B and an SP-01 Shadow Target. The triggers on all CZ'S suck unless they are a Custom Shop gun like my Shadow Target. The triggers are gritty,have excesssive creep and will not get better even with dry firing. I have sent 3 of mine to the CZ Custom Shop for trigger jobs and competition hammer install. Mainspring was replaced with a lower pound as well as extended firing pins which eliminate light primer strikes with reduced mainsprings. The cost to have this done is about $200. When they came back I had 3.5 lb trigger pulls with no grit or creep. The guns had a totally different feel and they all shot better groups. My SP-01 Shadow Target will but 4 through the same hole from a rest at 25 yards. You can buy any CZ and have the Custom Shop do the work which I said will run you around $200. Or you can buy an SP-01 Shadow Target from them for around $1200.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Custom-Pistols.aspx

I payed under $1100 because my friend is a dealer and I get it at cost. You will not be disappointed and only if you have the custom work done by them. I would not own another CZ that has not had the custom shop work done. This is what you should get if you can afford it:

IMGP0646.jpg

Reloaderguy, While mine current CZ is a 75-TS I don;t expect the 75B to have the same trigger out of the box, but I'll tell you the TS's trigger on mine is about 2lbs and very nice, so all CZ's don't need a trigger job.

With that said, I am looking looking at the 755 or 85 B and want to shoot both before I commit but thanks for the heads up on these possibly needing some trigger work done to them.

I would say dont forget EAA, the Tanfoglio Witness guns are CZ clones, at very very reasonable prices. the Price on the guns in the states is half of what they sell for in Europe.

Here is my "CZ Inspired" gun.

IMAG0583.jpg

If you want a DA/SA, absolutely look at the Eaa Witness Elite Stock 2, or the Match.

Sadly Reloader, I don't have the money. My budget is <800 inclusive of FFL transfer. That is a mighty handsome gun, however.

On a non-decocker variant the custom shop can do a hammer replacement for like 165. They claim that smooths the trigger pull. I assume that's the only trigger job necessary?

Not sure if the 75 or 85 needs to have a main spring replacement, since only the sp-01 has the heavier spring for NATO rounds, correct?

Since I shoot lefty I'm thinking the 85b for the ambi slide release, and the combat version since it has the overtravel control.

Then again, since the safety and mag release are ambi an all of them (correct?) I could save the money and just get the SA 75b with the overtravel control.

Or the sp-01. That's still in the running. Too many choices...

Reloaderguy, While mine current CZ is a 75-TS I don;t expect the 75B to have the same trigger out of the box, but I'll tell you the TS's trigger on mine is about 2lbs and very nice, so all CZ's don't need a trigger job.

With that said, I am looking looking at the 755 or 85 B and want to shoot both before I commit but thanks for the heads up on these possibly needing some trigger work done to them.

I find it hard to believe that that you have a 2 lb trigger on your TS out of the box. In fact I find that impossible unless it is a Custom Shop gun and you had the work done to get to a 2 lb trigger.

Sadly Reloader, I don't have the money. My budget is <800 inclusive of FFL transfer. That is a mighty handsome gun, however.

On a non-decocker variant the custom shop can do a hammer replacement for like 165. They claim that smooths the trigger pull. I assume that's the only trigger job necessary?

Not sure if the 75 or 85 needs to have a main spring replacement, since only the sp-01 has the heavier spring for NATO rounds, correct?

Since I shoot lefty I'm thinking the 85b for the ambi slide release, and the combat version since it has the overtravel control.

Then again, since the safety and mag release are ambi an all of them (correct?) I could save the money and just get the SA 75b with the overtravel control.

Or the sp-01. That's still in the running. Too many choices...

Along with the trigger job which is the installation of the competition hammer. The 13 or 15lb mainspring is $4.00 and the extended firing pin is $20 so why not make the trigger pull even better in SA and DA? I would call and speak to Robert at CZ Custom and he will tell you that those extra things make a world of difference.

I find it hard to believe that that you have a 2 lb trigger on your TS out of the box. In fact I find that impossible unless it is a Custom Shop gun and you had the work done to get to a 2 lb trigger.

Digital Trigger scale confirmed it, and I know there are a bunch of folks here who have felt the trigger on it that can tell you what they think. I must be lucky and just got one that was just right and I have not taken her apart and done any work on it myself. Even Mike D say don't it was really nice and no need to do any work on it.

And no I didn't get it from Angus when I am out there at the folks house either, so no cheating, a true import from Kanz-a** to the PR of NJ

As of three weeks ago I was having the same exact debate with myself...the 75BD or the SP-01. I ultimately decided on the 75BD, and received it last week.

I found a rippin' deal on an "excellent" condition decocker in New Mexico. After I received it last Monday I broke it down, cleaned it,

checked the date of manufacture, and realized that it was less than 5 months old, with barely any rounds through it.

All for $400. I was as pleased as a pig in spit!

After putting a couple hundred rounds down range it was apparent that this was a phenomenal "point and shoot" pistol, so freakin' accurate.

I can't really comment on the SP-01, but I'm glad as hell that I got this beauty. Shhh, don't tell my Berettas.

I am leaning toward the SA. Has the trigger adjustment if I need it and that extended beaver tail is a nice touch. But I'll probably order through the custom shop and get a trigger job right away. It will be cheaper up front than if I do it later, and I'm sure they're the best in the business.

I love my 75b. The trigger is better than on my Sig or any Sig I have fired. It is no 1911 trigger but it is not supposed to be. If I were to get another 75 it would be a Single action 75SA. Great pull out of the box.

I was originally thinking I wanted the SA model but I want the next CZ I buy to be able to be for Production and Steel in 9mm, so I had to eliminate the 75B-SA from my wish list, don't need another limited or L10 gun right now, key words, right now.. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm now tossing it up between the 75B and 85B / 85B Combat...

The SA doesn't count as a production gun?

I'm now leaning away from the SA because I hear it has a plastic trigger.

RE the 85 combat, word on the street is the rear adjustable site is not very durable. But if you want the overtravel adj I don't think you can get it on the regular 85b

Here is my SA CZ75b. I never had any issues with it. The trigger is plastic, but its never felt cheap or anything. The trigger pull is very nice out of the box and the gun itself is way more accurate then I am.

Picture233.jpg

• Like 1