67gtonut

M&P .22lr Pistol

So what's the concensus on this little gem??? Is it very reliable? Accurate? Worth the money? I was planning on going for a Ruger Mark III... but now starting to think about this pistol instead. Any info you guys can offer to help me make up my mind? Thanks for any info you can help me with, in advance! :-)

So what's the concensus on this little gem??? Is it very reliable? Accurate? Worth the money? I was planning on going for a Ruger Mark III... but now starting to think about this pistol instead. Any info you guys can offer to help me make up my mind? Thanks for any info you can help me with, in advance! :-)

Accurate. Yes. Like the MK series. No

Reliable. Yes

Worth the money. To me yes, it mimicks the 9mm for training

No info on the barrel/block/chamber type of material.

Also, is it safe action or internal hammer? Reason I ask, for gun games you need to drop the hammer for da, set the safety for 1911 style, or nothing with safe action. I see it has a manual safety, is this a hammer lock or decocker?

Gun is made by Walther, and has a cheap zamak (pot metal) slide like the Walther P22. It definitely feels good in the hand, but for me can't go for the cheap slide. Go with the new Ruger SR22....aircraft-grade aluminum slide and much better overall quality. Also, excellent reviews so far !!

I plan on ordering mine from Jim Flynn as soon as my permit arrives (hopefully soon).

DblEGT

i put a down payment on one of these today, awaiting PP. Chose this M&P over the GSG 1911-22, the M&P seemed lighter and better in my hands than the GSG plus it has a rail for a laser where the GSG didn't.

are the 10 and 12 round mags interchangeable? does the 12 round stick out of the grip of the gun, i believe mine came with one 10 rounder.

i put a down payment on one of these today, awaiting PP. Chose this M&P over the GSG 1911-22, the M&P seemed lighter and better in my hands than the GSG plus it has a rail for a laser where the GSG didn't.

are the 10 and 12 round mags interchangeable? does the 12 round stick out of the grip of the gun, i believe mine came with one 10 rounder.

Both great choices. I have the M&P and will be picking up a GSG soon. The 10 and 12 round mags are the same size, you can use either one. The 10 rounder has a block of plastic that limits it to 10 rounds. I have read that the block can be easily removed, making it a 12 rounder.

There's also a mod to the mags that makes them 14 rounders. I didn't bother...I have 5 of the 12 rounders :)

The SR22 is smaller than the M&P...similar to the P22. The M&P22 is the same size as a fullsize M&P.

There's also a mod to the mags that makes them 14 rounders. I didn't bother...I have 5 of the 12 rounders :)

The SR22 is smaller than the M&P...similar to the P22. The M&P22 is the same size as a fullsize M&P.

Found it:

Edited by fumanchu182