• "What a sweet trigger!"
  • "I'll tell you what, I'm not sure this gun is capable of missing"
  • "It's amazing what difference a trigger makes"
  • "I'd like to take that trigger and put it on every gun I have"
  • "This is a very impressive firearm"

you get the idea.....

:onthequiet:

TheWombat

Ray - come on, you shot my PPS. Maybe it didn't fit your hand well, but it is a sweet shooter. If the PPQ is as good or better than the PPS, it must be hot!

I was just going to say that. But the frame slammed the bone in my thumb under recoil. It was painful. Damn, I wanna shoot her again.

+1 for PPQ.

Was at the range with it on Monday next to a guy who rented a Glock 19, overheard him say "yeah I think I want either this or an XD". I grabbed him and let him fire a mag through the PPQ. Response "well I sure like the feel of that a lot better than the glock"

20120212_203042.jpg

• Like 2

Wombat,

You were not lying about the PPQ, it is very nice indeed. My buddy picked his up at Bullseye Tactical in Woodbridge this morning and we flew down to shore shot to run a few boxes of 9mm thru her. I love my XD-9 but this thing had me

feeling like I gotta get one for myself. Terrific trigger and GREAT ergo's. We shot some nice ragged holes at 7 and 10 yards. Chris over at Bullseye is a nice fella to deal with I was surprised my friend was the #50th NICS check of the day at only 10:30 am lol. NJ citizens are buying up a storm these days.

-Bcroc

I don't know what he's talking about on the mag release, I find it MUCH easier to access than Glock or 1911 releases where you need to turn your grip on the gun, I use the middle finger on my strong hand and my grip never changes during a reload

I don't know what he's talking about on the mag release, I find it MUCH easier to access than Glock or 1911 releases where you need to turn your grip on the gun, I use the middle finger on my strong hand and my grip never changes during a reload

Agreed and I did mention to Joe to use the fingers, not the thumbs. However if you're used to using the thumb I can understand that some people won't like it (at first). I've had a few people who've tried the PPQ love it, except for the mag release.

TheWombat

I was at bulls eye the other night pickin up a gp100, and chris had one there, I wanted to pick it up and hold it but I knew if I did I would have ended up putting money on her, pics online don't give her justice, it's a nice lookin handgun for sure... it took everything in me to resist... chris mentioned to me that when they come in, its gone the next day, I believe it she is a looker, sort of like an H&k but affordable...

I've just passed over 3600 rounds with the PPQ. The only real issue I have had was in the Low Light level 2 a couple of weeks ago where for some reason I had 5 failures, one after another, while shooting one handed in the dark with a torch in my mouth. I came away from the class not entirely happy as the PPQ has been extremely reliable until then. While I put it down to me limp wristing I still wasn't happy.

Today I went to RTSP and shot 244 rounds one handed including Sellier & Bellot, Speer Lawman, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester Ranger and American Eagle and I am pleased to say no issues at all. The drill was to draw from holster, fire 3-5 rounds to body and/or head. The Viridian C5L light remained attached to the PPQ. The only real physical differences from the Low Light courses therefore were no flashlight held in my mouth and the fact it wasn't dark. During the class I used Speer Lawman, however for the range today I wanted to confirm that other ammunition including my +P Gold Dot did not cause issues either, in addition to using Speer Lawman.

Next time I go to the range I will see if holding a flashlight in my mouth makes any difference, not that this is something I would normally do, I did however notice I bite down and have a tight mouth while shooting. I need to work on relaxing more.

TheWombat

You hold the FL in your mouth for that course? I hope its not a mag light!

Only for 1 magazine of ammunition, just to provide insight into how you could use a torch and firearm if you only had one hand available. It is not recommended, however was a useful exercise to at least try.

The rest of the Low Light class is using a flashlight in the various technique (Ayoob, FBI, Harries etc) and/or a weapon mounted light.

TheWombat

Unless your biting down so hard that you are giving yourself jaw pain or really really tensing up , keeping your teeth together and mouth closed is standard technique for any type of conflict or high stress physical activity like fighting ..or any sports for that matter. In every martial arts class I have taken there has been one guy who can't remember to keep his teeth together. Usually results in a badly bitten tongue or dislocated jaw .

As for limp wristing as a direct result of having the flashlight in your mouth.. interesting. Could be. Lots of jokes to make there and I do have a very sophomoric sense of humor , but I'll restrain myself :)

All kidding aside , what you do with your oral facial muscles definitely affects your hand/arm motor control and strength . Try this exercise - hold your arms out in front of you. Smile wide , a big strong grin. Ask your wife to try and put your hands down . She will have trouble. Now repeat with a big frown . You will find you lose a lot of strength when you are frowning . Is is a trick all the kids do , but there is science behind it. It takes more facial muscles to frown and drains your strength and concentration. Try it. :)

So if you are grimacing and really biting your flashlight hard , stop. For a lot of reasons :) Or , don't do that drill in real life. Especially since you have weapon mounted lights on your firearms .