nj22

Cheaperthandirt--experiences?

How do you guys like this company? I tried the "request a quote" function here but cannot find the firearm I'm looking for locally. Cheaperthandirt has it for a great price. Have your experiences been positive with them?

Thanks

I guess they are generally OK. But watch out for the 'cheaper' claim. I directly compared an ammo order with Cabela's and Midway. Yes the ammo was cheaper but the shipping was way out of line and the net difference was about zero.

They do carry some stuff that most others don't - eg., Tikka extended mags that I need.

Only $11 shipping for firearms. Doesn't seem too terrible. Think I'll order today and hope to be on the range by the weekend...

Yeah - I think you're dreaming.

Thursday is a holiday with no mail or UPS deliveries - and Friday NJNics may be closed...

What FFL do you plan on using?

On any single order try to keep all item #'s either all numeric or all alpha numeric to order from same warehouse..This keeps shipping costs lowest usually..also when ordering a single box of ammo that may be $10 shipping, ordering a second may only increase shipping an extra couple dollars..these are things I've found..I think CTD is a great place..

Also a good idea to ask for signature required when it comes to ammo ordering (no charge)..also they require one time FID on file.

MidwayUSA is another great place...

I've purchased ammo and accessories from them, never an actual firearm. They are OK, unless you have to return something. They frown on returns and put you through a hassle when attempting to do a return. I've since resolved myself to only order from them if they are the absolute only place that has what I'm looking for.

Thanks guys. I'll try to work it out locally!

I've purchased ammo and accessories from them, never an actual firearm. They are OK, unless you have to return something. They frown on returns and put you through a hassle when attempting to do a return. I've since resolved myself to only order from them if they are the absolute only place that has what I'm looking for.

I've ordered a few accessories from them but as indicated, the shipping costs tend to negate what ever savings that attracted you in the first place. The same goes for Midway, but I understand that they have just about everything you need if reloading.