BigHayden

What happened to NJCSD?

I know that there are some people on here who just don't like the NJCSD group (and vice versa, in all fairness), but I always read the topics over there, just in case something gets posted there that doesn't get posted here. For the past few days though, their site has been down. Well, maybe "their site is gone, like a fart in the wind" is a better assessment.

Anybody know what happened? Did they fold completely?

I know that there are some people on here who just don't like the NJCSD group (and vice versa, in all fairness), but I always read the topics over there, just in case something gets posted there that doesn't get posted here. For the past few days though, their site has been down. Well, maybe "their site is gone, like a fart in the wind" is a better assessment.

Anybody know what happened? Did they fold completely?

The Domain record is good for another few weeks, it hasn't been renewed yet.

No tweeting since late October. Rather dire sounding in their court case? Not sure what that means.

Facebook links are all dead.

Maybe there was an illness for whoever controls this stuff...or they're just done.

Tweets:

Tweets

NJCSD

NJCSD NJCSD

Discussion about today's hearing on our forum. t.co/AeHpzaI1

27 Oct

NJCSD

NJCSD NJCSD

Sorry to say I don't think it went well for us. However when the transcript is released, it will evidence what I... fb.me/1ebE1HT23

27 Oct

NJCSD

NJCSD NJCSD

Most of the Judge's characterizations of gun owners belies his anti-gun bias.

27 Oct Favorite Retweet Reply

-------

Domain ID:D93066462-LROR

Domain Name:NJCSD.ORG

Created On:12-Dec-2002 17:30:19 UTC

Last Updated On:17-Nov-2011 19:56:59 UTC

Expiration Date:12-Dec-2011 17:30:19 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:FastDomain Inc. (R1455-LROR)

Registrant ID:FAST-13569827

Registrant Name:Robert Kreisler

Registrant Organization:NJCSD

Registrant Street1:95 Woodfield Rd.

Registrant Street2:

Registrant Street3:

Registrant City:Washington Twp.

Registrant State/Province:New Jersey

Registrant Postal Code:07676

Registrant Country:US

Registrant Phone:+1.8778905460

Registrant Phone Ext.:

Registrant FAX:

Registrant FAX Ext.:

Registrant Email:

Admin ID:FAST-13569827

Admin Name:Robert Kreisler

Admin Organization:NJCSD

Admin Street1:95 Woodfield Rd.

Admin Street2:

Admin Street3:

Admin City:Washington Twp.

Admin State/Province:New Jersey

Admin Postal Code:07676

Admin Country:US

Admin Phone:+1.8778905460

Admin Phone Ext.:

Admin FAX:

Admin FAX Ext.:

Admin Email:

Tech ID:FAST-12785297

Tech Name:Hostmonster Inc

Tech Organization:Hostmonster.com

Tech Street1:1958 South 950 East

Tech Street2:

Tech Street3:

Tech City:Provo

Tech State/Province:Utah

Tech Postal Code:84606

Tech Country:US

Tech Phone:+1.8014948462

Tech Phone Ext.:

Tech FAX:+1.8017651992

Tech FAX Ext.:

Tech Email:

Name Server:NS1.HOSTMONSTER.COM

Name Server:NS2.HOSTMONSTER.COM

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

Name Server:

DNSSEC:Unsigned

Njcsd? What is that?

New Jersey Coalition for Self Defense. They used to be found at http://www.njcsd.org, but now the site is gone. Last year, the president moved to PA, so draw your own conclusions...

Lots of people were soured on the way NJCSD handled new members. I personally watched enthusiastic people join and present ideas, only to have them shot down by "management". I haven't posted in months over there because the last time I did, I got censored for pointing out that the president moved to PA. My post was in jest, but apparently that "gave outsiders the idea that we were divided" or some sh*t. So I figured the best way to let them show unity was to not participate in any more active discussions. Then they wouldn't have to worry about opposition. Since then, I've become slightly more active on here, though I don't post as much as I probably should.

damn....u can get name, address, etc from all this? wtf!

what else can u find from the IP address? how do I conceal my info??

as mark knows, im not too computer savy w/ programing, set-ups, etc!

Don't worry, that's just the registration information for the domain njcds.org. If you go to google and type in whois njcsd.org (or any domain name), you can generally get the registrant information and see if the domain is still valid.

I though they were up last week, they did have a couple times when the site was running good one minute and later nothing on the site would open up. I thought it was another server problem again...but maybe not. I was reading the "Hall of Shame" one of the last times I was there.

I tried to get involved and gave them some donations years ago when they first formed and had some get together at a range in South Jersey but I quickly punched out when it became clear it was about people with large ego's wanting to be in charge more then anything else.

I was told by someone that they broke away from the ANJRPC for the same reason!!

damn....u can get name, address, etc from all this? wtf!

what else can u find from the IP address? how do I conceal my info??

as mark knows, im not too computer savy w/ programing, set-ups, etc!

You can a lot of information like that from an IP address. You just need a court order :)

What was posted here was publicly available Whois info that was volunteered by the person who registered the domain.

do a whois on NJgunforums.com - what do you notice?

Domain njgunforums.com

Date Registered: 2009-3-6

Date Modified: 2011-2-15

Expiry Date: 2012-3-6

DNS1: ns1.maximwm.com

DNS2: ns2.maximwm.com

Registrant

Private Whois njgunforums.com

*******PLEASE DO NOT SEND LETTERS******

****Contact the owner by email only****

c/o njgunforums.com

N4892 Nassau

Bahamas

Tel: +852.81720004

Administrative Contact

c/o njgunforums.com

N4892 Nassau

Bahamas

Technical Contact

c/o njgunforums.com

N4892 Nassau

Bahamas

someone likes the bahamas...

I was a member of NJCSD. My problems there were more about the other posters. Just like on here, there was not enough unity of members; too many people shooting down good ideas without consideration, basically adopting the defeatist attitude of NJ.

My problems were NOT with the "management." It was with the same complainers we all know who complain that they can't get involved because it's too far, too early, too late, too hard, bad day, or it just won't make a difference.

With all that division, it's no wonder the organization lost its momentum. And who wins? the antigun organizations, who continue to steamroll us. All because of petty differences.

I was a member of NJCSD. My problems there were more about the other posters. Just like on here, there was not enough unity of members; too many people shooting down good ideas without consideration, basically adopting the defeatist attitude of NJ.

My problems were NOT with the "management." It was with the same complainers we all know who complain that they can't get involved because it's too far, too early, too late, too hard, bad day, or it just won't make a difference.

With all that division, it's no wonder the organization lost its momentum. And who wins? the antigun organizations, who continue to steamroll us. All because of petty differences.

I was very involved with the org for a few years. There were a lot of good ideas being implemented there. A lot of the execution fell short though as there was minimal interest from the membership. I was pretty close with the president and a few of the others before my life got a bit crowded (marriage, baby, work, etc.). They are good people, fighting the good fight with not a lot of help. I wish I had more time to commit to fight with them because they are, if nothing else, committed to the cause.

If you don't agree 100% with the majority of what people post there you get banned. It has happened to a few friends of mine. They do not respect opinions that are different from their own.

That sounds like some of the CB/Amateur radio forums I belong to (or used to).

NJCSD had some really great members. When it became obvious that conversation on the forum was " their way or not at all" I left the site. Hopefully they can get it back together.

You mean like the overused (by some) :facepalm: smiley?

If you don't agree with something, by all means have a spirited debate. I'm sick of seeing " :facepalm: " as the only reply to something on these forums.

I now pretty much just lurk and read, but I saw this post and had to say something.