dave545

Went deer hunting saturday and...

Got me my first buck on Saturday it was a big 6 point buck out of Shrewsbury. shot it with my compound bow, weighed 142lbs dressed out, will know later tonight when i get it back from butcher

me and my dad

100MEDIAIMAG0159-1-1.jpg

back of the truck 6' bed

100MEDIAIMAG0160.jpg

100MEDIAIMAG0157-1.jpg

Congrats man!!! That's a nice deer! Pretty big 6 pointer!

I just started deer hunting this year and have yet to get my first. I was out this afternoon and passed on shooting a couple of small ones... First a small doe and then a spike buck... He was decent sized, but I figured I'd let him get a little older and let him go. Almost had a really nice 6 pointer a few weeks ago... but he busted me as I tried to draw back my bow. Anyways, I can totally understand how excited you must feel to get your first deer. I'm hoping I'll get to experience that same feeling this year :)

• Like 2

Congrats man!!! That's a nice deer! Pretty big 6 pointer!

I just started deer hunting this year and have yet to get my first. I was out this afternoon and passed on shooting a couple of small ones... First a small doe and then a spike buck... He was decent sized, but I figured I'd let him get a little older and let him go. Almost had a really nice 6 pointer a few weeks ago... but he busted me as I tried to draw back my bow. Anyways, I can totally understand how excited you must feel to get your first deer. I'm hoping I'll get to experience that same feeling this year :)

+1 to you on passing up the spike. Don't worry, you'll get your first soon enough :)

ya ty everyone it was a liver shot, first time shooting out of a tree stand and i pulled to the right a little when i hit the release but it only went 40 yards and dropped and was dead within minutes and good luck Tony youll get one and since u passed on that spike you still have ur buck tag :)