Cemeterys Gun Blob

Sen Weinberg and her anti CCW proposal

Here she goes;

“Historically, states have been given the right of self-determination when it comes to gun control,” Weinberg said. “Regardless of how you feel about New Jersey’s gun control laws, the federal legislation which was recently passed by the House would set a terrible precedent, and opens the door for Second Amendment activists elsewhere in the country to override New Jersey’s own laws. Hopefully, Governor Christie and our Congressional leaders will stand up for our state and oppose this overreaching federal bill.

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/nj-sen-weinberg-introduces-measure-opposing-federal-right-to-carry-bill-proposal

I wonder if she feels that the federal government is overreaching with regards to AWB and mag restrictions?

My money says no.

What a phoney.

The Libs are very big on States Rights when it suits their agenda. I bet she voted for Obamacare. What about States Rights there? Major hypocrite as they all are.

they also get Really REALLY Pissy when you point that out to them.

Where are these anti gun idiots screaming for Holders resignation? Didn't he allow people to be killed by "straw purchases"? Nowhere to be found, but allowing this to pass is a travesty. How about not allowing out of state licensed drivers to drive in this state. Since its about "states rights". You can say that they cause accidents on our highways and byways and it would save lives. I'm ranting.

• Like 1

10th Amendment: States don't have rights; they have powers that aren't reserved by the constitution, AKA the 2nd Amendment. Then again, no one ever said that liberals were good at understanding the constitution, or that they'd ever read it.

• Like 1

Where are these anti gun idiots screaming for Holders resignation? Didn't he allow people to be killed by "straw purchases"? Nowhere to be found, but allowing this to pass is a travesty. How about not allowing out of state licensed drivers to drive in this state. Since its about "states rights". You can say that they cause accidents on our highways and byways and it would save lives. I'm ranting.

+1

* Loretta Weinberg, Mrs Personalized Handgun - 2002, signed by McGreevey - bill included a $500,000 appropriation of your tax monies

* NJ Institute of Technology contracted to design such a handgun - they couldn't

* Contract let by NJIT to Taurus USA to make it happen

* Taurus & NJIT need more than $500,00 to develop the handgun concept - another $1,500,000 of your tax dollars poured into the rat hole - guess what gun company got the major of the money?

* Loretta in front of camera at a NJIT interview, flustered when asked ... "I know nothing about guns"

* Development going badly - Loretta contacts Sen Lautenberg - $3,000,000 of Federal funding poured into the rat hole

* 2011, today - Technology not developed for the 'Personalized Handgun' that would have to have the NJ Attorney General's stamp of approval - then a waiting period - then kiss you handguns goodbye ... Banning of handguns in NJ!

The best thing that could happen, this Bergen Co Democrat would be voted out of Office!

Hello Bergen Co Sportspersons and Gun Owners!

• Like 2

The Libs are very big on States Rights when it suits their agenda. I bet she voted for Obamacare. What about States Rights there? Major hypocrite as they all are.

And the Conservatives are very big on state's rights when it suits their agenda, too. They weren't happy about Obamacare because it's a big federal bill telling the states what to do, but they have no problem with a big federal bill forcing states to recognize gun permits.

Politics is politics - both sides are hypocrites.

And the Conservatives are very big on state's rights when it suits their agenda, too. They weren't happy about Obamacare because it's a big federal bill telling the states what to do, but they have no problem with a big federal bill forcing states to recognize gun permits.

Sorry heathcare, is NOT an unalienable RIGHT

I think Obamacare is bad example to use as it's force Americans to purchase a product. I would something something else.. I can't think of an example, but I am sure it exist.

I think Obamacare is bad example to use as it's force Americans to purchase a product. I would something something else.. I can't think of an example, but I am sure it exist.

Firearms is another example. At one time, when the militia was actually made up of able bodied citizens, these able bodied citizens were required to supply their own arms.

Yeah, neither is the right to own slaves, but that didn't stop rich southerners from screaming "states rights!" and having that whole civil war thingy.

Sigh...... here we go again.. the Civil was was not over "Slavery" per se. While slavery was the seminal issue that pushed an already growing rift into an all-out conflict, it was only ONE such issue. The underlying problem was the complete difference in perception between the north and the south. The North saw the US as one, contiguous nation, under a central Govt. The South saw the US as a LOOSE Confederation of Independant states. READ the Federalist papers, as well as the writings of prominent civil war figures of the time. Lee, Jackson, and others saw themselves as Virginians first NOT as "Americans". Slavery was already on it's way out, and would have dissapeared in the South within a decade or two as it was. the Civil was was fought to Keep the US as One Nation, and not as some Pre-runner of what the Balkans became after the USSR breakup. This is one more example of our Disposable culture, where the 30 second soundbite rules, and History is written to meet a political agenda, rather than actually Document events, and the reasons behind those events.

• Like 3

Yeah, neither is the right to own slaves, but that didn't stop rich southerners from screaming "states rights!" and having that whole civil war thingy.

Good point,rich democrat southerners cried state rights for slavery and the federal government rightfully stepped in to correct the injustice because of that "WE hold these Truths to be self-evident ,that all Men are created equal........ " Jaz in declaration of independence

Thank you for supporting my position that the states,shall not infringe the PEOPLES Right to keep and bear arms and the federal government is doing right be correcting this injustice as well.

Do not think New Jersey Would secede from the Union? I think not. If HR822 gets through the senate,IF the POTUS signs it, NJ would most likely turn into Illinois and ban ccw completely

Good point,rich democrat southerners cried state rights for slavery and the federal government rightfully stepped in to correct the injustice because of that "WE hold these Truths to be self-evident ,that all Men are created equal........ " Jaz in declaration of independence

Thank you for supporting my position that the states,shall not infringe the PEOPLES Right to keep and bear arms and the federal government is doing right be correcting this injustice as well.

Do not think New Jersey Would secede from the Union? I think not. If HR822 gets through the senate,IF the POTUS signs it, NJ would most likely turn into Illinois and ban ccw completely

NJ almost did...dont forget a good portion of the state actually falls below the Mason-Dixon line.