siderman

Estate/garage Sale W Guns

Guys- just happened on this this AM between chores in Allendale (Brgn cnty).I noticed some gun acc's and just asked if any actuall guns for sale and she showed me a "scribbled" list of 20+, mostly long but a few HG's.Dont ask me for a list, was in a little hurry but there was a wide range of tastes and the prices seemed reasonable but I'm not too savvy on every make/model. remember 22,s, 243, 308....some i never heard of. A couple Colt Hg's (MK4 srs 80 .45 and a pre-80 srs 9mm?, Ruger Spr BH44. If your in the area its at 149 E Orchard today till 4? and a few hrs tommorow.They are taking bids and are being low-key so ask the working lady(Norah) downstairs. The one gun I was interested was "missing" she said, she hinted tjhat may not be for sale or something.

Edit- also was some safes a few small boxes and one tall 3 bolt Sentry for $1500

Guys- just happened on this this AM between chores in Allendale (Brgn cnty).I noticed some gun acc's and just asked if any actuall guns for sale and she showed me a "scribbled" list of 20+, mostly long but a few HG's.Dont ask me for a list, was in a little hurry but there was a wide range of tastes and the prices seemed reasonable but I'm not too savvy on every make/model. remember 22,s, 243, 308....some i never heard of. A couple Colt Hg's (MK4 srs 80 .45 and a pre-80 srs 9mm?, Ruger Spr BH44. If your in the area its at 149 E Orchard today till 4? and a few hrs tommorow.They are taking bids and are being low-key so ask the working lady(Norah) downstairs. The one gun I was interested was "missing" she said, she hinted tjhat may not be for sale or something.

Edit- also was some safes a few small boxes and one tall 3 bolt Sentry for $1500

now how do you buy these guns? is it legal? transfer papers? etc?

Its just a normal F2F transaction. For a long gun you (buyer) need your FPID and both parties fill COE forms. For a handgun buyer needs the permit. A fat wallet helps. Anybody else get over there to check it out?

Its just a normal F2F transaction. For a long gun you (buyer) need your FPID and both parties fill COE forms. For a handgun buyer needs the permit. A fat wallet helps. Anybody else get over there to check it out?

i dont understand... so hows does the state and gov. know you bought and take possession of someones longgun? why does one need a fat wallet? i know a bunch of people who own guns but there in limbo because parents died.....

i dont understand... so hows does the state and gov. know you bought and take possession of someones longgun? why does one need a fat wallet? i know a bunch of people who own guns but there in limbo because parents died.....

They dont. However with FTF handgun transactions, you are supposed to mail parts of the permit to the local police department and state police. As for the latter situation, i believe the children would take possession if they are of age,not a felon, etc.

Long guns you and the seller only need to fill out 2 COE's, just 2 single pages you can download and print up, that is all you both need to do as long as the guns are NJ compliant, and you are not a restricted person, so if you have your FID and Government issued ID you good to go.

The Fat Wallet comment, well that was humor, put it this way, go there with a fat one, and leave with a skinny one and then show us the pictures of what you bought..

No handguns you would need a P2P and you would only be able to buy one in this situation at this time. You could buy more if they were willing to hold the second or more guns but remember OGAM. One thing though, if there was a nice collection of handguns you could also apply for an exemption that would allow more than OGAM, but that would take a little time, especially if you didn't have extra P2P's already.

Last thing, there is NO Mandatory registration of long guns, or Handguns purchased legally in another state.

Long guns you and the seller only need to fill out 2 COE's, just 2 single pages you can download and print up, that is all you both need to do as long as the guns are NJ compliant, and you are not a restricted person, so if you have your FID and Government issued ID you good to go.

The Fat Wallet comment, well that was humor, put it this way, go there with a fat one, and leave with a skinny one and then show us the pictures of what you bought..

No handguns you would need a P2P and you would only be able to buy one in this situation at this time. You could buy more if they were willing to hold the second or more guns but remember OGAM. One thing though, if there was a nice collection of handguns you could also apply for an exemption that would allow more than OGAM, but that would take a little time, especially if you didn't have extra P2P's already.

Last thing, there is NO Mandatory registration of long guns, or Handguns purchased legally in another state.

where can i download and print this COE? i dont understand what you mean by no mandatory registration of long gun in other states.... does that mean if i buy a rifle in kentucky they do not register it with the government?

where can i download and print this COE? i dont understand what you mean by no mandatory registration of long gun in other states.... does that mean if i buy a rifle in kentucky they do not register it with the government?

Why does the government need to know what you own,,, they don't when it comes to long guns. If you bought a gun here or anywhere legally and it is NJ compliant, you need not do anything, there IS NO MANDATORY REGISTRATION. Same stands true for Handguns purchased out of state legally.

Here is the forum you need to complete when doing a F2F transfer of a long gun, you both fill this form out, and each retain 1 for your records, thats it.

COE

But you can't buy a hand gun out of state, it has to get sent to an FFL in NJ. So technically it is being registered, because the NJ FFL will be sending your papers off to the NJSP.

Correct?

But you can't buy a hand gun out of state, it has to get sent to an FFL in NJ. So technically it is being registered, because the NJ FFL will be sending your papers off to the NJSP.

Correct?

It's handguns or long guns purchased out of state while a resident of another state that are not subject to registration in NJ.

Actually when I went there on Saturday the lady said that the handguns are off the list and not for sale anymore. The only rifle that caught my eye was Remi 700 in 30-06. I wanted to go back there today to bid ( the low was $400, the high was $600) on it but wasn't able to make it. Can't speak on the condition but the lady said it is like new. Next time :)