kurtinnj

Hello

I am new to shooting after many years and new to this forum. I am not new to guns. My father had a gun store in Plainfield, NJ for years and then moved to Kentucky. We had a shooting range in our basement in the 50's, how cool is that? I still live in NJ but no range in the basement :(

No he was Harold (navi) Navratil, his shop was in the area now known as urban renewal. Second street and Madison Ave. I think Ray was on Front Street. My dad was forced out in about 1967 maybe a bit later, when Plainfield thought it would be a good idea to wipe out a block for parking!! I think Ray moved, also moved by the parking lot, to route 22 shopping center. I got my first hunting license from Ray's. I think my dad had the largest Winchester rifle collection in the country at that time. He had rifles on the wall from floor to ceiling. It was a great time to be a kid.

No he was Harold (navi) Navratil, his shop was in the area now known as urban renewal. Second street and Madison Ave. I think Ray was on Front Street. My dad was forced out in about 1967 maybe a bit later, when Plainfield thought it would be a good idea to wipe out a block for parking!! I think Ray moved, also moved by the parking lot, to route 22 shopping center. I got my first hunting license from Ray's. I think my dad had the largest Winchester rifle collection in the country at that time. He had rifles on the wall from floor to ceiling. It was a great time to be a kid.

Welcome! I'll have to see if my father remembers your father's shop, since he grew up in Plainfield. There may be some guns in his safe from there!

My dad's shop was called "Primitive Arts" it was on the corner of 2nd street and Madison ave. I still have the original sign that hung out front. My youngest son asked me for a picture of the sign, he then had a tattoo of it put on his arm.. Never had been a fan of tattoo's but is does look good.