jcerillo70

Sig P238 <3 The New Love Of My Life

So i picked up a Sig P238 a couple weeks ago. I havent had a chance to shoot it until yesterday.

All i can say is WOW!

I put the target out a little past 7 yards and was DEAD ON shooting with one hand standing up. I was shocked. American Eagle FMJ ammo. I never thought in a million years a firearm with such short of a barrel could do what this little guy did. Im talking one hole groups of 5 with maybe 1 flyer in the group.

I highly recommend this firearm to any of my friends or family.

IMG_1318.jpg

sig_sauer_p238_sas_1.jpg

Got this a month ago and i am also fascinated by the accuracy and how well it fits my hand and how it aims.

Essentially its a mini looks like a 1911 and i don`t have one so i was even more excited.

Bought some extra mags (pricey) , and a mag from a Colt Mustang which works just fine. Sights are excellent.

I was never much into .380 but i am now.

Researching i read a lot of reviews about possible problems, seems that the gun`s QC has evolved over the years.

Gave it a thorough cleaning prior to the range and no problems so far.

Sig does recommend to buy extra springs so i stocked up on those :D .

I like it. If they make the 9mm with a dak trigger I will be all over it. Then again maybe I will just buy a 226

The P938 will, presumably, be a single-action, as is the P238

I decided for giggles to pick a P238 out of the rental arsenal when I was down in Houston shooting with a buddy. I have to tell you, I was absolutely blown away with the performance of the Mustang clone! I've got huge hands and had no issue firmly gripping it with the standard magazine. In fact, it is the only modern subcompact that feels good in my hands! This is no up-close-so-who-cares-about-accuracy pocket gun either! Standing, two-hand, 10 yard, FMJ-cheap range ammo and I was 3.25", which I felt impressive for the little mouse gun! I was so impressed that I had a P238 HD - night sights and G10s with an extra 6-rd and two 7-rd mags - delivered to my FFL before I even got back to Jersey!

I've almost put 400 rounds of Rem FMJ and Hydra-Shoks and only 1 FTF (bad primer). The trigger on the HD is not as smooth as the well-worn rental so I'll probably clean it up a bit and maybe go with a lighter spring to further enhance repeatable accuracy.

Great little mouser!

It's not a mini-1911, the internals are completely different. With that said, it looks like one and is single-action so it might as well be. I love mine, extremely accurate, very comfortable to wear, excellent sights and fantastic trigger. The pull is a bit heavy (but then again it's supposed to be a carry-gun) though very crisp. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

It's not a mini-1911, the internals are completely different. With that said, it looks like one and is single-action so it might as well be. I love mine, extremely accurate, very comfortable to wear, excellent sights and fantastic trigger. The pull is a bit heavy (but then again it's supposed to be a carry-gun) though very crisp. Highly recommended.

You are correct , its not a 1911 and only an external lookalike. Good description of the trigger.

400 rounds so far through mine , no problems, will report on round count when spring needs to be replaced.

I just started looking for a carry firearm... I may need to wait for the 938 now. Anyone know if a local range has a P238 to rent?

RTSP had one for rent last time i was there i believe. You can ring them and ask , or if you want to shoot mine you re welcome to at Heritage Guild in Easton,PA

I just started looking for a carry firearm... I may need to wait for the 938 now. Anyone know if a local range has a P238 to rent?

I recently sold an old Smith to a trooper friend, his EDC is a P238 and he said he loves it. Personally for me I'd be just fine carrying a P229 but I'm a bigger guy.... I can't wait to get hired I feel so weird not carrying on the daily since I moved back to Jersey