Sign in to follow this  
Ruger11

AR type in .308?

where you getting these from?? l'm in Bloomfield can't find any? Seen them online, auctions etc. but would like to ''hold'' one before l buy it....

I purchased it used on the forum.. for a 16in semi auto.. the performance is VERY gratifying..

the one Shane speaks of I believe is pretty similar to mine.. may even be a little better..

keep in mind these are still like thousand dollar guns.. but compared some of the other options out there in 308.. that is pretty cheap.. coupled with being semi auto..

and yeah.. it is a heavy gun.. compared to a standard AR15... but it is entirely different upper and lower.. it is a heavier duty gun.. 308 and 223 do not compare.. not downplaying 223.. just saying.. it is substantially lighter..

this is mine before I camo'd it..

DPMS 308.... 16in barrel.. well within your budget.. has been very accurate for me..

111420102.jpg

111420101.jpg

both shot a little low but I think that is just scope adjustment.. really happy with how the gun shot.. 5 shot groups.. slow from the bench..

This is the rifle..

308working.jpg

may I suggest a SCAR-17s? -light recoil & a great shooter.

(just alittle pricey)

the recoil on pretty much every AR pattern rifle I have ever shot has been marginal at best.. while I certainly credit the SCAR as being a great gun (from what I have read I have no range time with it).. I guess it all depends on what he is looking to spend and what he is looking to get out of it..

KAC EMC..... then MWS/Larue OBR tied... even lightern then thet SCAR17? WOW... I will say that the 17 scared me the recoil was so, unimpressive. I have a M1A that has some serious pop behind it, still less then a bolt though. I am looking forward to seeing the KAC one day soon.

I have an Armalite AR 10, and like it a lot. I bought a stripped lower and then got the rest from Armalite directly. Excellent shooter, what the AR platform was meant to be.

+1

I've got an AR10 A4 (fullsize standard 20" barrel w/ A2 stock) that's non free floated. Off of a bench shooting South African surplus M80, it will hold 1.5 - 2 MOA at 100 yards for 10 rounds....not great, but far from bad.

One major reason I went w/ Armalite was the offering of factory 15rnd mags. Using GenII mags, I've never had a malf in 700 or so rounds. Not that much, but 7.62x51 ain't cheap. Armalite periodically has sales on their mags for roughly $30 or so. I have 11.

I understand Armalites carbines use the equivalent of a midlength gas tube vs. DPMS's carbine length gas tube. I understand the Armalite has somewhat less recoil as a result. Also, if you ever want uber accuracy, Noveske's uppers are based on the Armalite AR10 platform.

Its a fantastic rifle, but it is a bit on the heavy side. But the ability to swap barrels and the monolithic rail are terrific features IMO.

Shane45,

Is it this one?

http://www.lmtstore....pon-system.html

That's a hot rifle. If only I had the cash... :o