Wildbob

Steel at CJRPC 1-1-12

I haven't had any live fire practice in almost 2 months. Been super busy.

Target are varied, 10 and 12 inch circles and squares. Some bigger squares and rectangles, prob 20 by 24?

Its hard to explain the size. Hit youtube up for some vids

Would I be cuttin it close with three 15 round mags?

It will be close but it's totally doable. You only NEED 5 shots per run. There are 5 runs per stage. So technically you can get 9 runs out of 3 15 round magazines. That's if you don't miss. Ha

You can bring your ammo to the table and have someone load your mags for you if needed. People who are just starting out do it all the time. Don't be discouraged by only having 3 magazines.

Would I be cuttin it close with three 15 round mags?

You would be good with 3 15's, it's only 5 targets and you run them 5 times in a row, so 1 mag for runs 1 & 2 and mag 2 for runs 3 & 4, and the last mag for # 5. If you use more rounds than you would like in runs 1 - 4, you could have someone on your squad reload it for you if you need, just have a box of ammo at the firing line so it's ready for someone to reload your mag.

Just did my last practice session at shore shot. I did terrible with the revolver lol wont be shooting that tomorrow

Picked up 300 rds of 45acp for me. 300 rds of 9mm for dad.

So ill shoot my 1911 and dad will shoot my Glock 34

Ill be wearing my New Jersey Concealed Carry Association shirt and my NRA hat so you guys can recognize me.

Maybe we should pick a spot to meet up and set up a team or something?

-Joe Cerillo

Tony, what were all the malfunctions about?

not totaly sure but i removed the extractor and it was hard to get out thinking i may have tweaked it.. i will have to check the adjustment..

I also replaced the recoil spring going to put the kimber spring back.

Results are in ( wow that's fast )

http://www.centralje...s/cjstl0112.pdf

I took 2nd place rimfire iron, and fastest times for the day on stage 1 and 5.

Revolver... I dont wanna talk about it, didnt shoot to well on my wheel gun at all....uh, the sun was in my eyes.

I will say this, CJ Steel match are set up nice, they take advantage of their deep and wide pits, alot of small plates spread apart at long distances, makes for an interesting shoot.

Tony, work out them problems, maybe you cleaned it toooo wellll.. :icon_mrgreen:

Ray, Agree the pit's look great.

Alec, damn man, nice job..

Thanks harry, you gotta come down next month.. Im going to try my best to hit steel the first sunday of the month @ CJRPC and the 3rd sunday @ obrpc for the foreseeable future.

Who's in for a NJGF car pool ? damn that's a long ride ( compared to old bridge at least )

Gonna start entering centerfire pistol iron with my STI when my belt setup comes in from bladetech, i'll prob. alterenate with revolver division and pistol iron every month. rimfire is just too much fun to drop.

Thanks harry, you gotta come down next month.. Im going to try my best to hit steel the first sunday of the month @ CJRPC and the 3rd sunday @ obrpc for the foreseeable future.

Who's in for a NJGF car pool ? damn that's a long ride ( compared to old bridge at least )

Gonna start entering centerfire pistol iron with my STI when my belt setup comes in from bladetech, i'll prob. alterenate with revolver division and pistol iron every month. rimfire is just too much fun to drop.

I'd like to but the only matches I will be able to make beside the Friday night matches will be very few and far between with me working the 1st to the 15th. I know I won't be able to make the 1st Sunday match of the month, but maybe a few of the second Saturday and maybe 3rd Sunday with vacation days here and there. Other than that, I am open for the 16th to the end of the month. well except for July when I take the whole month off, but have a few trips planned and a Bike ride down to Texas for a weekend party outside Dallas.