Col. Mortimer

Is Anyone Interested in a USPSA / IDPA Introduction Class?

Here are the directions to the Shongum Range: http://shongum.org/c...directions.html The class on March 31st at 9:00AM is at the Shongum range in Mansfield. If you are using a GPS, check the directions against Map Quest or you will wind up by the Pequest Trout Hatchery. Shongum in NOT near the Pequest Trout Hatchery. You take the left on the other side of Route 46 from the county library which is miles before the hatchery.

Anyone have a couple of magazine pouches that will fit a 13 end hipowrr magazine....?

I'm gonna bring that and my 45......not sure which to use yet...

I have some pouches that the mags fit loosely in. Shouldn't be an issue unless you start sprinting. I will bring them and my 15-round meg-gars for you.

If you are an inexperienced shooter, please let me know at the start of class. I will put the less experienced shooters in Squad 1 and you will start on the easilest stage first. If you are uncomfortable with drawing and shooting from a holster, I will have an airsoft pistol for you to use. You try that first below going to the real thing.

I can bring a couple of airsoft guns as well if you'd like.

Bring them! Mine is a cheapie CO2 but it will go through a target and is accurate at close range. Ralph wants to see my airsoft and I am sure yours are way cooler.

That brings up a good question. What would you normally wear for USPSA in cooler weather? Obviously a sweatshirt/jacket would turn it into an IDPA match. Do you just deal with that extra bit of clothing and extra time to draw, or do you remove it when you're on deck and deal with it for a few minutes, or is there some basic article of clothing that my brain is forgetting?

That brings up a good question. What would you normally wear for USPSA in cooler weather? Obviously a sweatshirt/jacket would turn it into an IDPA match. Do you just deal with that extra bit of clothing and extra time to draw, or do you remove it when you're on deck and deal with it for a few minutes, or is there some basic article of clothing that my brain is forgetting?

I wear a heavy coat and take it off while the targets are being pasted/reset. Thermal underwear is my choice for cold weather matches. (under my regular clothing)

I will have two gazebos for cover if we have light rain or showers. Worst case, we use the indoor range but I want to avoid that so bring rain gear and warm clothing.

I ordered my BladeTech about 5 weeks ago as well but from RedDotShooting and I haven't gotten it yet either. I think BladeTech is a bit backed up, probably with the warm weather and everyone getting into competition this time of year.

As for the paddle, I have a paddle Serpa and can't even get it off my pants when I want to, but I'm sure it would find a way off mid-draw at a competition.

And I'm curious about the brass pickup, both for Saturday and general competitions. Like Nick said, no big deal if not, just wondering.

In that case, good thing my friend decided to use this as a chance to try out steel-cased ammo. Have fun with that stuff Mike.

Man...ya pick up a couple (thousand) cases here and there and you never hear the end of it. Steel case ammo! It'll ruin your gun...it's unsafe...I can't reload it...it's very dirty.

All kidding aside, you can pick up your spent brass. I may be a total brass hog but I never take without asking.

Anyone with an extra mag or two and mag holders for a Springfield XD9? I have one mag holder and holster (XD gear came with gun...didn't want to drop a ton of cash until I knew this was something I really wanted to do). My buddy is supposed to lend me his mag holder and mags but in case we don't meet up it would be good having someone there with extras.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully the forecast improves. Have to find some decent pants to wear. Those rivets on jeans are dangerous to my guns finish.

Yeah I was thinking that as well....could be quite embarrassing.... :)

Funny I ordered a blade tech for the hi power close to five weeks ago...still nothing...

BTW will we be able to do a brass pickup on saturday??

If not no big deal...

Hard to get a sight picture with a holster attached to your gun... :)

I got your bag of 9mm brass in my car in case you forgot.. ;)

I have 2 mags with my M&P 40 ..I ordered two more but looks like they won't get here in time . Will I be ok with just 2 15 round mags ? If not anyone have extra I could borrow?

You will be fine with two mags. There will be movement and mag changes but no more than one mag change.

You will be fine with two mags. There will be movement and mag changes but no more than one mag change.

What!? You mean no texas star or polish plate rack? You're going too easy on us. How are you ever going to keep us outsiders from coming back without drop-turners. LOL :onthequiet: