Col. Mortimer

Is Anyone Interested in a USPSA / IDPA Introduction Class?

I just want to say thank you to Mike, Maks, Nick and the rest of the crew for holding the class. I learned alot andit was great to meet everyone. I look forward to seeing all of you on the ranges.

Gene 2

I want to say we had a good group and eveyone did very well. We had no safety issues at all which always makes me happy. Despite the weather, we all had a good time. Ralph was impressed with the turn out and wants me to do another class. He said I have quite a following. I have a following? I may have a class in September when everyone's kids are back in school and the vacations are over. However, if you want to jump in, come to a match at Shongum and we'll get you started.

I want to say we had a good group and eveyone did very well. We had no safety issues at all which always makes me happy. Despite the weather, we all had a good time. Ralph was impressed with the turn out and wants me to do another class. He said I have quite a following. I have a following? I may have a class in September when everyone's kids are back in school and the vacations are over. However, if you want to jump in, come to a match at Shongum and we'll get you started.

You guys did a great job! With the match next Saturday is there a registration or do you just show up and enter. I may be up there to try it out. I had a great time and learned a whole lot. Thanks again.

We're trying for next Saturday too. We'll be in PA morning to night on Friday We were going to do an overnight but we're willing to drive home late Friday so we can participate on Saturday ( pending a babysitter as usual) What time to show up , and to confirm - is it show up and register?

Yesterday's class was fun! It's always good seeing the usual faces as well as meeting new ones. I want to tell everyone that you all did a great job, everyone seemed to have a firm grasp on the most important aspect of shooting and matches, and that is safety. I hope everyone had a good time...hope to see you all at future matches!

So I just need to pick up some Blade-Tech kydex for my M&P 9 and then check the schedule on the range's website? ...and just show up? Sounds good to me.

Be there at 8:30AM and I'll get you signed in and set up for the safety briefing. There is no registration. Shongum is all walk-ins.

I recommend squadding with experienced shooters so they can supervise you better as well as give you tips/pointers.

Nick is correct. Too many new shooters on one squad will slow that squad down too much, overwhelm the RO and there will not be enough experienced shooters to answer new shooter questions. Be sure your RO puts you down in the order and watch the shooters ahead of you. If you need to borrow magazine or other equipment, now is the time to ask.

Sorry I'm a little late to this party, but I also wanted to say that I had a great time yesterday at this event. Not only did I learn a lot about what's involved in competing, I had a great time hanging out with all of you from NJGF! Would have been nice to go somewhere for an adult beverage afterward, but since we all had handguns with us, that would have been a felony here in the People's Republic of New Jersey.

Mike, thanks so much for hosting and organizing this. And thanks also for sharing your knowledge and experience with us. Thanks also to Maks, Nick, Harry, Rich, Andres, and whoever else I may be leaving out, who gave up your valuable free time to help educate us.

As Mike restated, I also have to add something to my above post as well. I thanked everyone and hoped everyone had a good time, but I have to say a big thank you to Mike for taking the time out to organize and teach these classes. Sure, myself, along with all the other helpers are more than willing to assist him, but he does most of the organizing and teaching so big props to him! He is a super nice guy and I hope you all appreciate everything he does for us!

To those of you that have expressed an interest in attending this Saturday's (4/7) USPSA match and have asked about pre-registration: As has been stated it is just a walk-on match, but if you know you are attending, they would appreciate knowing that by you e-mailing Ron Guman the MD at [email protected]

Plus, this puts you on the e-mail list should there be a last minute cancellation for weather or other reasons. So if you know your going, please drop Ron a note by 8 AM on the Thursady before the match.

See you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I think you did a great job. The newbies greatly outnumbered the experienced people that were helping out , yet everyone got individual attention , tips , and was safe at all times. I only have compliments .

Ok , ok a big giant outdoor space heater for all the men that were cold would have been good :)

Ralph and I spoke about another class and we will plan one in September if there are enough people that will attend. Of course we can see if Maks will have one in central NJ.

Not likely an organized one at cj.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.