MikeK77

Looking for a Pocket CCW Gun.

I'm currently pocket carrying a P238HD when not stuck in NJ. Condition 1 carry doesn't phase me either. I feel the .380ACP is a fine round in a pistol meant for up close work, and the P238 is stellar with great sights for a mouse gun and incredibly accurate.

I've got great interest in the P938. Sig says it will only be .4" longer than the P238. They don't have an all-stainless model in the models to be introduced in the near future (probably in time just like the P238 got the HD and HDW), but the alloy frame/stainless slide 938 weighs less than my 238HD. That's darn interesting to me considering better ballistic choices in 9mm, and it should carry just as easy in wallet carry, pocket carry, or in my between the belt holster.

The new P224 might be an option. It's a shortened (upper and grip) version of the P229. Sig is putting it on the street as a .40S&W DAK first, but 9mm and .357Sig will come along as will DA/SA.

Aimsurplus is where I got mine. If I where to do it again I would probably go with classic arms. Much faster shipping.

Like I said it's a great little gun but you WILL hurt your hand learning to shoot it unless you have experiance with this kinda gun. My first trip to the range I left with a swollen hand from the recoil and 2 seperate slide bites. Once you learn it though it's a joy to shoot.

You need to hold the grip down low. Don't even try to use 3 fingers and keep your non shooting hand away from the trigger guard. It's much better after the spring swap IMHO but still you need to get the technique down

And it's only available in 9x18. But I'm cool with that. The round is growing on me

Aimsurplus is where I got mine. If I where to do it again I would probably go with classic arms. Much faster shipping.

And it's only available in 9x18. But I'm cool with that. The round is growing on me

How much is the ammo for that lovely Polish lady?

I payed a little over $9 a box for the stuff I got from classic arms. Aimsurplus has brown/silver bear for <$11 and brass case privi for $12 and some change last I looked

Well, if it's cheap and the only caliber it's chambered in then it'll have to do. Does it have any Polish writing on it?

This is a can or worms.. :icon_mrgreen: For me, I feel very comfortable with having my BG380 and don't feel a 9mm would really be a big difference maker, especially being I keep Hornady CD ammo in her but that's just my feelings.

One thing that is rarely mentioned during these ".380 vs. 9mm for CC" is the +p, or +p+ ammunition.

If it was me, I'd be carrying no less than +p in my concealed 9mm.

This gives a much larger advantage over .380, in the concealed-9mm package.

... fire-power-wise at least.

I have a S&W 642 revolver... it's light and has a concealed hammer (internal). I can easily carry in my pocket or even an ankle holster as a backup to CCW. There is an older thread about this, use search term "wesson 642".

My favorite mouse gun is my Colt Mustang Gov. Model in .380 caliber. It's the big Mustang, with that extra round in the mag, so all of your fingers fit around the grip! NO slide bite! And since it's a 1911 with a (7) round mag and one in the tube on Condition Two, for (8) rounds, it "feels right" to a 1911 fan like me. Stainless, works with pocket lint, recoil & flash very manageable. Likes 90 grain FMJ or 85 grain self-defense HP. Hits a B-27 at 50 yards all day long and up close everything stays in a paper plate with a little practice.

Just my 2 cents......