njpilot

Firearm Thefts From Vehicles

Got this in an email today. Don't know if it's true or urban legend, but figured I'd post it.

All,

This is from an Oregon friend of mine
XXXXXX
, former deputy commander of NAVSPECWAR.

Heads up.

Bill

This is yet one more way that the bad guys practice their craft and put it into play on a daily basis. Keep your head on a swivel and always be aware of your surroundings.

This is from the Houston Gun collector's Assn.

Public service announcement:

While I was in a Denver gun store today, my car was tagged on the wheel in the parking lot. The gangs do this on wheels or bumpers at gun stores, shooting ranges, gun shows etc. Later when you are parked at a restaurant, hotel, or other location that’s less well guarded or under video surveillance, other gang members spot the marker and break into the car for a quick gun grab. This is so RAMPANT in San Antonio where we were for a National shoot this summer, the police chief of that county came out to brief the 400 participants of our competition. Too bad three teams had already been victimized the first day. This is the first I’ve heard of this in Denver. Please pass this info along to your 2nd amendment list.

This next comment from a Gunsite instructor:

I don’t know how widespread this is becoming, but the info regarding the NSCA Nationals in San Antonio is correct, as all of us who compete in sporting clays know. Competitors there were having their vehicles marked with a small adhesive dot on the rear license plate or rear bumper, then followed for miles and having their vehicles quickly and efficiently broken in to when parked for lunch etc.

Some crews were working the parking lot at the Nationals itself. 27 high end shotguns were taken there recently. They know when 1400 shooters with high $ competition guns are in town.

I shot with a young man who was trying out a new gun at the Nationals. He and his father lost all their guns and equipment while making a quick stop for lunch at a BBQ place in Corpus Christi the month before.

As someone who recently had their car broken into I firmly believe it should be legal to booby trap your vehicle so the person who breaks in is maimed for life!

I have a tool locked up outside my house I have been using the last few days that is booby trapped. I feel sorry for the dumba$$ that gets caught.

When I was a kid in HS, the local cops woudl chalk the tires of cars parked outside since it was a 2 hour zone. So every couple of periods someone would go out and wipe the chalk off the tires. It was soooo long ago, if we missed getting out there, the ticket was only $1.00.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.