blksheep

How many magazines do you have for your handguns?

Too many to count! At least 5 for my .380 pocket rocket, and then it goes up from there for every other gun I own. For instance: I have 6-7-8-10 round .45 single stack mags for my Officers & full size 1911's.

A ammo can's worth of Garrand en-block Clips (and yes they're called clips!).

And everything in-between is covered too, like 8 speed-loaders for my 686 L-frames & 6 for the K-Frame M-19.

So like I said, too many to count! I'd have to come back tomorrow after I get a shave to answer for every last one, hehe!

They just had a can can sale at ShopRite!!! I killed it. Like mags you can never have enough ammo or canned goods.

Except mags and ammo don't have expiration dates.

If you have a SHTF stash of canned goods, you better be using it up and restocking with more current dated goods as you go.

It also acclimates the family to SHTF selection of food so when Mickey D is just a playland for the tree rats, the kids will get why no more happy meals!

Taken from a website

"Canned food has a shelf life of at least two years from the date of processing. Canned food retains its safety and nutritional value well beyond two years, but it may have some variation in quality, such as a change of color and texture. Canning is a high-heat process that renders the food commercially sterile. Food safety is not an issue in products kept on the shelf or in the pantry for long periods of time. In fact, canned food has an almost indefinite shelf life at moderate temperatures (75° F and below). Canned food as old as 100 years has been found in sunken ships and it is still microbiologically safe! We don't recommend keeping canned food for 100 years, but if the can is intact, not dented or bulging, it is edible."

However I do rotate stock.

Five is my preferred number as this is what is needed for most static steel matches.

It is more than enough for most USPSA/IPSC matches. It's just right for knock down.

If I don't use a gun for competition I really only need one or two.