RedBowTies88

Gas tube help!

Ugh, So last night playing around with the new furniture set I got I decided I would full dissamble the gun as I do from time to time to keep myself familar.

Lifted the tab for the gas tube and it still didn't want to come off. Took a little forcing with a screwdriver but it did pop out. However now it wont go back in.

It slides right into place but it seems like it isnt going low enough to get under the locking lever. she wont budge any lower and if i force the lever I'm almost sure it will bend.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong or if there's soemthing wrong with the gun?....

my lever moved no problem but even with the lever in the unlocked position I had to put a screwdriver between the barrel and gas tube to get some grip on it and finally it pulled out.

Now it goes what seems to be into position i can install the bolt and everyting and it functions but i cant lock it down

You can file it down a bit. Be sure to use a nice flat file, and go slowly....If you take too much your gas tube may wiggle...

File what part of it? If you think the problem is the tube itself i'll probably just order an AK tube to use the top handguard

if you open it all the way.. on some guns that is too far.. you have to like rock the lever into like the sweet spot to get it is.. no hammer required..

if it came out.. then it should go back in.. you should have have to file fit something that fit before.. it did not get bigger while it was out..

use the tool that came with the gun that is why it is there.. to give you just enough leverage to do it without messing it up..

and sure you could bang it in with a hammer.. but it IS a tube.. so I would be cautious not to bend it..

File what part of it? If you think the problem is the tube itself i'll probably just order an AK tube to use the top handguard

if it was in there before..

it should go back in..

if it does not then you probably just don't have it in right.. they are finicky and have to sit in there just right..

is this a saiga gas tube or an AK gas tube.. AK gas tube might need a little fitting.. saiga tube does not..

I've been using the tool set slot to move the lever. Also I've been watching the lever inside that slides over the tube to hold it down so i've got the lever in the right position.

It slots down into place just fine but its almost like the rear of the gas tube is maybe 1/16" too high for the lever to be able to close. and it wont drop in any lower.

Is the gasket looking think on there supposed to be curved? mine is.

This is the original saiga tube

yup it is curved.. take the piston and everything out.. and wiggle the tube as you apply pressure.. it might look right but it is obviously not seated right if it is sitting a full 1/16th too high.. like I said it was in there.. and it was closed.. so it is probably just tight.. they are finicky.. but once you get it.. it is pretty easy...

its all out the gun is completely stripped besides barrel and trigger group.

Guess i'll need to try to be a bit more persuasive with it.

Thanks for the help. when i get home from work ill play with it a bit more

just look at the situation in the simplest manner...

the part was in there..

you took it out.. made no changes..

so it WILL go back in... while you can alter it.. file it and all that... I feel like that is not needed because you are fitting something that was already in there... not some new product.. you can gently tap it with a mallet.. but I would not bash it.. it is a tube and if it goes out of round the piston might get hung up on it..

wiggle it.. push it.. and move the lever.. to get it seated.. you may even have to get it half way in.. then move the lever a little to get it all the way in..

Well at this point i can't even begin to move the lever becuase the tube is just a little too high. It just misses the "slope" of the top of the tube.

I just dont want to apply too much force and ruin it. I already hurt my hand a little trying to smack it in with my palm

Well at this point i can't even begin to move the lever becuase the tube is just a little too high. It just misses the "slope" of the top of the tube.

I just dont want to apply too much force and ruin it. I already hurt my hand a little trying to smack it in with my palm

take it out.. start over.. as you are seating the tube.. wiggle the tube and lever a little to find sweet spot

as stated it was in so it will go back ,,,, if the flat on the leaver is facing forward and the tube is set on the gas block give the back of the tube a firm hit with your palm .

if that doesnt do it dont use a hammer and dont file anything ,,,your doing some thing wrong .

post a picture of where its stuck .

And so you know theres some kid in a cave in Iraq

laffing at you :)

Some times just walking away from some thing for a hour or so helps

• Like 1

as stated it was in so it will go back ,,,, if the flat on the leaver is facing forward and the tube is set on the gas block give the back of the tube a firm hit with your palm .

if that doesnt do it dont use a hammer and dont file anything ,,,your doing some thing wrong .

post a picture of where its stuck .

And so you know theres some kid in a cave in Iraq

laffing at you :)

Some times just walking away from some thing for a hour or so helps

+1

I told him that.. ;)