sledgehamer73

New guy from Maple Shade

Just wanted to get my first post here and say hello to everyone on the forum.

Brief story of how I found this forum;

I haven't been out to a range in a long time. Only a few trips out to a buddy's farm in PA in the fall months is when I get to shoot at all. Young kids and a new house will do that I guess. My last time at a range was at Hague's when it was called Eagle Eye. I was trying to find a new place as it looked like Hague's is a bit out of my price range for regular visits and I wanted a place that would be fun to shoot a .22 rifle (which I don't own yet, but will be getting one soon... hopefully). Right now I own a Remington 870 and a Glock 23. I figured I needed to add a rimfire to my meager collection.

Any way, I googled ranges in NJ or something like that and here I am! Thanks for having me.

As for ranges, I think I'm going to give Range 14 a go, but am considering joining Delran Junior Marksman club. The only think I don't like about DJMC is that they are only open on weekends, so I might not be able to get out too often. If anyone has any other suggestions of places that are near by, please let me know. It looks like there are a lot of options if I want to drive an hour N/S or E.

Thanks.

-- Jay

Thanks! Good to know about Range 14. I thought it was Wednesday and Friday year round. Must have mis-read that. South Jersey Shooting Club seems to be pretty popular here as well for this area. I'll keep them on the short list as well. They look to be a bit more accessable through the week. A fair yearly rate as well. Anyone know if they have a new member fee?

Just wanted to get my first post here and say hello to everyone on the forum.

Brief story of how I found this forum;

I haven't been out to a range in a long time. Only a few trips out to a buddy's farm in PA in the fall months is when I get to shoot at all. Young kids and a new house will do that I guess. My last time at a range was at Hague's when it was called Eagle Eye. I was trying to find a new place as it looked like Hague's is a bit out of my price range for regular visits and I wanted a place that would be fun to shoot a .22 rifle (which I don't own yet, but will be getting one soon... hopefully). Right now I own a Remington 870 and a Glock 23. I figured I needed to add a rimfire to my meager collection.

Any way, I googled ranges in NJ or something like that and here I am! Thanks for having me.

As for ranges, I think I'm going to give Range 14 a go, but am considering joining Delran Junior Marksman club. The only think I don't like about DJMC is that they are only open on weekends, so I might not be able to get out too often. If anyone has any other suggestions of places that are near by, please let me know. It looks like there are a lot of options if I want to drive an hour N/S or E.

Thanks.

-- Jay

Welcome to the forum, and create yourself great shooting days!!!

Scig

Welcome to you too then Nick! Just read your thread. Let me know if you settle on a place to join. I should probably visit a few first instead of going by web site information, but at least it helps narrow things down a bit instead of driving all over NJ.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome.

Don't discount the ranges in Philadelphia. I go to Firing Line on Front St. Every week. It's only $100 per year, although you have to buy their ammo. If you are just shooting .22, it will probably be the best value for your dollar there.

Welcome.

If I remember correctly, Range 14 is open Wed, Sat & Sun year round. Fri from Apr to Oct or something.

Here it is:

The winter hours for use are Wednesdays 1-8 p.m., Friday 1-8pm (April - December only), Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. For more information about Range 14, call Jim Garrett at Building 9060, at 609-562-4676 or visit www.gomdl.com for all recreational activities.

Welcome Sledge, the rifle range is getting upgraded and as of two weekends ago only three stations were open on the rifle range. The hand gun range and skeet and trap were open. Don't know about archery or paintball though. You can shoot .22 rimfire rifles and shot gun fixed target at the HG range.

Yeah, I might use Bob's as an occasional indoor range, but I'd much rather shoot outdoors. Even if the weather isn't cooperating very much.

I think most outdoors are paid clubs.

South Jersey in Winslow looks nice, i'd like to check it out....a little pricey i believe

Telco in Atco is a small club, only about $125/year, but I hear it's nice.