vladtepes

Thinking about selling my Mustang?

car was running but the starter has to be replaced..

wiring has to be finished..

timing has to be set

shifter cable has to be adjusted

would need new gauge cluster...

car does not run now as those things need to be addressed but it does run..

how much you think I could get in its present state.. really trying to not deal with it anymore with getting ready to move to PA..

302, .030 over.. aka 306

rebuilt gt40 heads

ford motorsports E cam

roller rockers

weiand intake

MSD distributer

MSD coil

MSD 6AL

ford racing plus wires

holley 650

high flow water pump

new rings/bearings in the bottom end

Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator

Mishimoto electric fan

Mishimoto silicone hose kit

C4

B&M shift kit...

B&M ratchet shifter

4200 stall

has new black carpet

weld wheels

brand new tires

sparco seats (but they are faded)

clean title and all that..

Holy crap, I'm out of touch. Had you asked me 20 years ago, I could name a mustang year exactly.

At some point, I'm going to do another Ford, and I'd like to do one from that era, but I'm doing the house this year. Good luck, it's a good build. The engine alone is worth thousands, so you should get a decent amount.

No offense, but probably not a lot. Even with all those mods, its probably not even as fast as a current model with a stock v6. Plus the styling is really out of date, I mean it doesn't have retro cool or modern styling, it's just a...well....an early 90's American car, which aren't exactly going to be remembered very well.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool car and I hate to sound like I'm crapping on your baby, cause hey, I'm sure you might find a buyer. But I wouldn't count on big money, maybe a couple grand tops. I'd say $3-5k?

No offense, but probably not a lot. Even with all those mods, its probably not even as fast as a current model with a stock v6. Plus the styling is really out of date, I mean it doesn't have retro cool or modern styling, it's just a...well....an early 90's American car, which aren't exactly going to be remembered very well.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool car and I hate to sound like I'm crapping on your baby, cause hey, I'm sure you might find a buyer. But I wouldn't count on big money, maybe a couple grand tops. I'd say $3-5k?

perfect.. i was hoping to get like 3500-4000 i have a bunch more tied up in it.. but I am no fool.. I understand that having someone else take on a project.. I am going to eat a lot of it.. so that is right where I was hoping..

Yeah, that's about what its worth. Fox Mustangs haven't really gone up in price yet for modified and beat on ones. The pristine bonestock low mileage ones are going for $5,000-7,000 or so though.

You'll have to find the right buyer too, as it will not pass emissions with a carburetor on it. 1985 was the last year for carburetors in the Mustang.

Yeah, that's about what its worth. Fox Mustangs haven't really gone up in price yet for modified and beat on ones. The pristine bonestock low mileage ones are going for $5,000-7,000 or so though.

You'll have to find the right buyer too, as it will not pass emissions with a carburetor on it. 1985 was the last year for carburetors in the Mustang.

I figured as much that it would be more useful to someone as parts than as the sum of its parts..

motor.. carb.. trans.. wheels.. brand new tires.. radiator.. electric fan.. etc.. and then still an actual shell that could be sold OR someone wanting to build a car they were not worried about inspecting (my situation)

I was just trying to get ballpark idea.. at this point with the time crunch I would probably even be happy with like $3k

really don't want to sell it.. but I just feel like I am sitting on it and don't really have the time to deal with it with getting ready to move out of state for good..

I would probably have time to mess with it IN PA.. but getting it there would cost a ton (towing)

I figured as much that it would be more useful to someone as parts than as the sum of its parts..

motor.. carb.. trans.. wheels.. brand new tires.. radiator.. electric fan.. etc.. and then still an actual shell that could be sold OR someone wanting to build a car they were not worried about inspecting (my situation)

I was just trying to get ballpark idea.. at this point with the time crunch I would probably even be happy with like $3k

really don't want to sell it.. but I just feel like I am sitting on it and don't really have the time to deal with it with getting ready to move out of state for good..

I would probably have time to mess with it IN PA.. but getting it there would cost a ton (towing)

Vlad, I hate to see you take a beating on this. I have a truck. If we can work out a weekend thing, I'm sure we can get a trailer or car tower for next to nothing. Pay my gas, I'll tow it to PA for you.

• Like 1

I see about $3-3500 There depending on how clean the body is. But then again notches and fox's seem to be high right now for whatever reason..

I have a lot of friends in the racing scene (almost need to buy a bigger rear view to see them all ;)) but I'll pass the word around. Many of them are misguided ford enthuiests lol.

In addition to what malsua said, I too would be happy to tow it for ya if need be. U-haul rental car trailers run like $40 a day last time i checked. Not too bad

• Like 1

thanks so much to both of you.. the offer to help is appreciated in a way I can not describe..

It really reminds me why even after I am long out of this state I will continue to come to this forum.. the sense of community is through the roof..

I love the Mustang.. but it is the right car at the wrong time.. unfortunately..

and while it sucks.. I think I really need to get rid of it.. if I can get $2500 out of it.. that will put me close to where I need to be for a down payment on a "regular reliable commuter car" and well maybe later it will be a hobby that I will come back to..

so seriously.. thank you SO much.. the offer is appreciated like you can't believe!