autoxnyc

New Player in the Tupperware Market

Take a look at the Caracal F from UAE. Very interesting looking gun with extreme low bore axis and supposedly the best trigger pull for a striker fired gun per Pistol-training.com:

More out of obligation than interest, I stopped at the Caracal booth to see their pistol. For those unfamiliar, the Caracal is a family of striker fired handguns built in the United Arab Emirates. With a ridiculously low bore axis the gun almost looks like a polymer framed HK P7. The trigger on all of the show guns I tried was, for lack of a better word, perfect. It had a completely smooth consistent pull that rolled right through the break. It’s honestly the best trigger I’ve ever felt on a striker gun. However, setting aside any questions about reliability and durability about a gun made in the U.A.E., the sight options for the Caracal are horrendous. The rear sight is actually part of the slide’s internal mechanism and cannot be separated from it. In other words, no aftermarket sights will ever be available. They also offer a ridiculous option called “Quick Sights” … just google it. Because somewhere in the world, someone thought it would be a good idea to reduce sight radius drastically. YJCMTSU…

http://www.caracal.ae/

There are a lot of weird design decisions but looks very interesting.

I like all guns, however most people are brand specific so some extent with something. The Ford/Chevy wars, Nissan/Toyota/Honda wars, Skippy/Jif wars and Coke vs Pepsi. If I have a choice I choose Glock, but everyonce in a while I like to tase or drive something different to see if I am in fact missing the next great thing. Maybe this is it, this is what I am missing or waiting for to sweep me off my feet.

ok, now that I am back at a pc.

It has interesting features. I was not able to shoot it at Shot Show but did play with it a bit. The build quality felt a little cheap and was not that impressed with the trigger. FNH FNS has a far nicer striker fired trigger.

For the life of me I couldn't remember what that reminded me of but finally I know. It is the illegitmate love child from that one night of passion between a Steyer M-A1 and a Gsh-18. I'd say whatever sexual tension was resolved between cold war enemies in a back alley in East Berlin during the cold war, should really stay in East Berlin, but maybe thats just me.

1287755225.jpg3ce6db2b30.jpg

That grip looks exactly like the Steyr I held at my LGS! Wouldn't mind shooting one at the range but it seems that the overwhelming majority of people who have held one have been unimpressed. Also, I still do not understand the major attraction to pistols with super low bore axis.