RocknRoman

New from South Jersey

Hello all,

Keith here from Marlton. Been living here for four years now, originally from East Brunswick.

I shoot at range 14.

I've been reading through the forum for a couple of weeks now and finally had the time to join up.

Future purchases include a handgun in .40 cal and an AR or AK "type" of rifle. Still have a lot of research to do on them.

Thanks.

Hello all,

Keith here from Marlton. Been living here for four years now, originally from East Brunswick.

I shoot at range 14.

I've been reading through the forum for a couple of weeks now and finally had the time to join up.

Future purchases include a handgun in .40 cal and an AR or AK "type" of rifle. Still have a lot of research to do on them.

Thanks.

It depends on what you want for a rifle. I believe some WASR-10 variants are NJ legal (AK body style). As for ARs, there great if you like customizing your rifle, you know, sights, scopes, grips, stocks, uppers, lowers, coffee machines, vibrating massagers... etc. The list goes on.

AK types, they're reliable, but to get the most out of them, and in order to not be looked down on by other AK owners, you need to set them on fire, throw them in mud, run over them, etc. Oh, and remember, to clean them, simply open the bolt, and piss in the receiver.

But I kid. It's all preference, and affordability. I have pipedreams of buying an AR, but they'll end up costing you around 1K at least when it's all said and done. AK style guns usually are around 4-700 depending.

Oh, and I'm a South Jerseyite myself, I plan to eventually join R14, so maybe I'll see you there. My mom actually works in/around Marlton. (Don't remember if her job is in there.)

But I'm long-winded. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the welcome Qel!

Kaiser,

Thanks for the info, I was laughing about the AK info you gave me. Its so true from what I read in the AK forums but thats what make it a cool gun.

I really have my heart set on the Hungarian AK, but with NJ being the way it is, could be hard for me to hunt one down and make it NJ legal.

My brother has both, an AR and AK, so I have shot both. The SW M&P sport they came out with might be the easier route for me to go. If I have it my way, I will have both eventually.

Let me know if you want to shoot at range 14. I go with a couple of buddies from this area and I am allowed to bring guests if you would like to check it out.

Thanks for the welcome Qel!

Kaiser,

Thanks for the info, I was laughing about the AK info you gave me. Its so true from what I read in the AK forums but thats what make it a cool gun.

I really have my heart set on the Hungarian AK, but with NJ being the way it is, could be hard for me to hunt one down and make it NJ legal.

My brother has both, an AR and AK, so I have shot both. The SW M&P sport they came out with might be the easier route for me to go. If I have it my way, I will have both eventually.

Let me know if you want to shoot at range 14. I go with a couple of buddies from this area and I am allowed to bring guests if you would like to check it out.

Let me know when, if I can make it, I'll swing down. I'm an airsofter too, so for me, an R14 membership is a necessity, since that's the closest airsoft field, AND I can shoot real steel there.

Yeah, I have an airsofting buddy, I think he runs paintball/airsoft events at R14, his name is Coop. Well he's an AK purist, if he sees any AKs with sights, or tactical stocks, or (airsoft) drummags, he gets pissed lol.

Yeah, but seriously, let me know, it's not too far of a drive for me. I'm looking for some sort of semi-auto, whether it be an AR, AK, or SKS. I primarily have an interest in military-style arms though.

Thanks again for the welcome guys.

Nick, do you ever shoot at range 14? Which part of Marlton are you in?

Sledgehammer, do you work in maple shade too?

im over in the orchards. older townhomes behind the movie theater.

I havent been to range 14 in 5 years or so. i liked it its just a hassle to get there at times. currently not a member anywhere. usually just take a long ride to one of the public (free) ranges. only shootin i have done the past couple years is to sight in my shotguns/muzzys. took my older son(he's 7) plinkin with my 10/22, he loved it so im sure i'll be joining somewhere in the near future.

Nick