LastShot

Cherry Ridge

As of 4/9/2012 Range is open 8:30 am to 7:00 pm Last target change 6:30 pm (last entry to range) Please call the hotline for the most updated info on range closings and event cancellations (973)764-1333 Please contact event coordinators for more information on scheduled events ,members are encouraged to participate in scheduled events, names and numbers are published in news and briefs , to see schedule http://www.anjrpc.or...=Range_schedule

All ranges will be closed 4/28 and 4/29 for range work weekend, all members are invited to help improve the range, make some new friends get a good lunch.

Welcome to the range guys! And the Forum Gunguynj. Make sure to get there early enough.I was out there today and just loooove a beautiful weekday there, just me and a couple of nice brass hoes- you guys crack me up with your dedication!

Welcome to the range guys! And the Forum Gunguynj. Make sure to get there early enough.I was out there today and just loooove a beautiful weekday there, just me and a couple of nice brass hoes- you guys crack me up with your dedication!

Thanks!

It should be interesting to see if the safety briefing has changed at all since 2001, and to watch everyone run out the door to the range once its over!

Im fully prepared to not get a line spot on Sunday...but what can you do!? I just picked up a Tikka T3 tactical and I am excited to get out to the 100 to dial it in. I am also bringing my model 60 for the pistol range in case I cant get into the 100's.

Any suggestions for the club as far as unspoken rules or best times to shoot? I was thinking of taking half days from work and just getting there @ 830Am on Mondays to beat the rush.

Second question...and I am sure its debatable...but you really SHOULDNT keep your unloaded rifle in your trunk if you go to the range, then work, then home after work...right?

Im fully prepared to not get a line spot on Sunday...but what can you do!? I just picked up a Tikka T3 tactical and I am excited to get out to the 100 to dial it in. I am also bringing my model 60 for the pistol range in case I cant get into the 100's.

Any suggestions for the club as far as unspoken rules or best times to shoot? I was thinking of taking half days from work and just getting there @ 830Am on Mondays to beat the rush.

Second question...and I am sure its debatable...but you really SHOULDNT keep your unloaded rifle in your trunk if you go to the range, then work, then home after work...right?

In my experience any Mon-Thurs is usually very light. Couple guys, sometimes no one. Today at pistol range only 3 other ports at most besides me. At the 100 didnt see more than 5-6 while I was there.As for driving with your un-loaded rifle- no debate its perfactly legal as long as you have a FPID. NOT OK with HGs.

As of 4/9/2012 Range is open 8:30 am to 7:00 pm Last target change 6:30 pm (last entry to range) Please call the hotline for the most updated info on range closings and event cancellations (973)764-1333 Please contact event coordinators for more information on scheduled events ,members are encouraged to participate in scheduled events, names and numbers are published in news and briefs , to see schedule http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=Range_schedule

5/5/2012 100 yard range,200/300 yard range closed till 1:00pm do to events(see schedule for details)

5/6/2012 200/300 yard closed for event till 12:00

5/6/2012 Membership Sign up. Last in 9:30 it is suggested you arrive early do to space limitations ,You may be turned away if capacity is exceeded. Applications will be processed first in first out.

Yeah i was able to spend nearly 4 hours after the meeting on both the pistol and rifle range. Was much more quiet and less crowded than expected! Its a good thing because I wont be able to go tomorrow like i had planned.

Nice place but I got to know...with 150 new members a month...and like 200 available shooting positions(maybe)...seems like its oversold!

I'm going to try and avoid "high traffic" days like Saturday, the weekday I was there as a guest was really quiet, and today should've been crowded as hell

(new members, first nice day in awhile)

I have a feelin it's similar to people signing up at the gym, lots I members

very few actually using it

Nice place but I got to know...with 150 new members a month...and like 200 available shooting positions(maybe)...seems like its oversold!

there are a huge amount of members who go a handful of times a year. also many who go only once, then realize its too far a drive or whatever, and dont come back.

As of 5/7/2012 Range is open 8:30 am to 7:30 pm Last target change 7:00 pm (last entry to range)

Please call the hotline for the most updated info on range closings and event cancellations (973)764-1333 Please contact event coordinators for more information on scheduled events ,members are encouraged to participate in scheduled events, names and numbers are published in news and briefs , to see schedule http://www.anjrpc.or...=Range_schedule

The following are noteworthy closings,

7-May-12 PR Police 8:30 to 3:30 8-May-12 PR Police 8:30 to 3:30 12-May-12 All ranges closed Youth Day [email protected] 13-May-12 CH/100 Biathlon 8:00 to 2:00

Just wondering how long the membership sunday takes to get done. I have a game to coach and want to try and squeeze it in before the game. Thanks.

I am sorry I did not get back to you sooner, But as far as "squeezing in" the orientation,it is tough to give an exact time because of all the variables such as how many people are signing up, processing Ect.

In short ,and as many may attest to here, try to make the day of it. (in general Arirve by 9:00 at the latest and out by 12:00)

I'm going to try and avoid "high traffic" days like Saturday, the weekday I was there as a guest was really quiet, and today should've been crowded as hell

(new members, first nice day in awhile)

I have a feelin it's similar to people signing up at the gym, lots I members

very few actually using it

i've found most of the crowd clears out even on saturday/sunday by noon or 1pm - just need to check the schedule for events

Saturday afternoons seem pretty quiet. Went up there last Saturday at ~3pm and there were 2 guys at the 200/300yd range, 3 or 4 at the 100yd, and 3 at the pistol range.

It was a bit unnerving after my orientation Sunday to see how busy it was, but thankfully that was the exception, not the norm.

Saturday afternoons seem pretty quiet. Went up there last Saturday at ~3pm and there were 2 guys at the 200/300yd range, 3 or 4 at the 100yd, and 3 at the pistol range.

It was also raining around that time....... was going to go, but baled out when I saw thunderstorms coming.

I will agree that Saturday afternoons are usually not too bad.

As of 5/7/2012 Range is open 8:30 am to 7:30 pm Last target change 7:00 pm (last entry to range) till further notice.

Please call the hotline for the most updated info on range closings and event cancellations (973)764-1333

Please contact event coordinators for more information on scheduled events ,members are encouraged to participate in scheduled events, names and numbers are published in news and briefs , to see schedule

http://www.anjrpc.org/?Range_schedule

Noteable closings

16-Jun-12 PR 2x4 Match 8:30 to 3:00 (Open to All Bring Lots Of Ammo)

16-Jun-12 100 Benchrest Match 9:00 to 1:00 (contact event leader)

17-Jun-12 CH/100 Biathlon 8:00 to 2:00 (contact event leader)

17-Jun-12 200 MCL Garand Match 9:00 to 2:00 (contact event leader)

19-Jun-12 CH/100 Police -4 to 6 ports only 8:30 to noon (closed)

23-Jun-12 PR Service Pistol State Championship 8:00 to 5:00 (contact event leader)

24-Jun-12 100 Jr. Smallbore Prone State Championship 7:00 to 5:00(contact event leader)

24-Jun-12 CH/PR Ladies Instructor Course 1:00 to 4:00 (contact event leader)

24-Jun-12 200/300 80 Shot High Power Rifle Match 7:30 to 4:00 (contact event leader)

30-Jun-12 SG Basic Shotgun (Training ,contact event leader)