LastShot

Cherry Ridge

I am sorry if I ever gave anyone that impression,when I had joined njgf, this forum was a CR bash fest.I am making an attempt to clarify things the best possible way

with out being on the defencive.

This applies to your target frames(used on 100yrd pistol and M/P range),and target placement Basically be aware of berm impact,in other words Line of sight fire. (the biggest concern is on the pistol and M/P range) an example would be if the target frame is 15feet

from your bench in a standing position a target placed

lower than line of sight would impact the 25 yard set point witch is not designed for impact(destroying the range,possible ricochet etc.) on the flip side a target placed high ,during bench rest would result in missing the berms completely striking rocks and coming back to the line.

this is a double post i am running windows 95 I can not color words this goes with post #218 thanks again.

I am sorry if I ever gave anyone that impression,when I had joined njgf, this forum was a CR bash fest.I am making an attempt to clarify things the best possible way

with out being on the defencive.

Oh no, not at all. Honestly, I really do appreciate the fact that you go out of your way to answer questions and provide info to the CR members that post here.

with out being on the defencive defective.

Craig - I fixed that for you.

Unless he's really defective, didn't you mean defensive? lol...

Craig - I fixed that for you.

snapback.pngLastShot, on 30 August 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Unless he's really defective, didn't you mean defensive? lol...

snapback.pngLastShot, on 30 August 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Be easy on Frank, make no sudden moves............

The psychological term is Transferance/Projection I beleave ..LOL.

Effective Monday 9/3/2012 Range hours will be 8:30 am first shot. 6:30pm last entry to range. 7:00pm Last shot.

GET OUT before sunset the bears are hungry and the gate is locked......

Just a side note: the store hours are 9:00am till 5:00pm 7days

Last 5stand key given out is at 4:pm, if you have not tried the five stand array and have any questions just ask a RO to explain its operation.

Family Day Saturday tmro, range closed but for that. This is the first step(again!) I'm taking to get my wife a little more motivated to learn at least the most basic use of a hg. She's gonna "try" so wish me luck.

Family Day Saturday tmro, range closed but for that. This is the first step(again!) I'm taking to get my wife a little more motivated to learn at least the most basic use of a hg. She's gonna "try" so wish me luck.

The best thing you can do is to "throw her to the Wolves" so to speak. Let some of the female Instructors show her the ropes, and YOU back-off and just let it happen. She'll see other women there just like herself, and all of the pressure to do well AT YOUR INSTRUCTION will go away.....and she'll probably have enough fun to want to do it again!

Good luck!

Dave

Instructor for Scout Day last May @ CR

Yes , All ranges are Closed Sep 9 for general shooting, Family day

Bring yourself,family and friends For a free Day of Hand gun,Rifle,Shotgun Shooting after a safety brief,guests will be able to shoot under the guidance of NRA certified instructors. DO NOT Bring your own guns, every thing is supplied.

This is A free event OPEN To All (Donations suggested of course)

Yes , All ranges are Closed Sep 9 for general shooting, Family day

Bring yourself,family and friends For a free Day of Hand gun,Rifle,Shotgun Shooting after a safety brief,guests will be able to shoot under the guidance of NRA certified instructors. DO NOT Bring your own guns, every thing is supplied.

This is A free event OPEN To All (Donations suggested of course)

Its Sat Sept 8! Dont mess with my karma on this!

The ranges are closed to members more than they are open. Last week it was state championships for sat and sun. this weekend its a work weekend. It almost seems your better off being a non member and shooting in comps if you want to use the range. I payed to be able to use the ranges ,not make it nice for non members to be able to use them more than myself and other "paying" members. While i understand the need to make repairs a couple times a year ,I dont understand the amount of times that certain ranges are closed to members due to some sort of comp. The family day and ladies day are a great way to get people into the sport as well,no problem with that . Im not impressed with the way the board does things,including wasting member money on a pistol range that will never come to fruition .

While I know not everyone's schedule is like mine, it's why I only go during the week. If anything, one weekend day for comps and stuff. One for members during weekend, etc...

The ranges are closed to members more than they are open. Last week it was state championships for sat and sun. this weekend its a work weekend. It almost seems your better off being a non member and shooting in comps if you want to use the range. I payed to be able to use the ranges ,not make it nice for non members to be able to use them more than myself and other "paying" members. While i understand the need to make repairs a couple times a year ,I dont understand the amount of times that certain ranges are closed to members due to some sort of comp. The family day and ladies day are a great way to get people into the sport as well,no problem with that . Im not impressed with the way the board does things,including wasting member money on a pistol range that will never come to fruition .

If you competed I'm sure you would feel differently.

Maybe a compomise can be found.

So I'll assume you almost,somewhat,partially agree with me? lol . Ahhh compromise. That would be nice but ,Im the one who would have to compromise not the non members :-)

It just sucks that i get all anxious about getting to the range only to find out its being used/closed to members. We all spend a good deal of money to be "members" and to not be considered first is somewhat insulting. Just my feelings. Not whining ,just making an observation.

just look at the calander on their website way in advance as to help you plan ahead, that may help with the anxiety (haha). And I sincerly do sympathize with the members limited to weekend only visits. I too am fortunate enough to have the option of weekday shooting.

just look at the calander on their website way in advance as to help you plan ahead, that may help with the anxiety (haha). And I sincerly do sympathize with the members limited to weekend only visits. I too am fortunate enough to have the option of weekday shooting.

Big +1 The calendar is set up atleast 6 months in advance. Ask me how I know....

Watch for a GLOCK demo day this spring.

Bingo! You saved me the trouble of having to write those exact words.

The calender isn't the problem its the amount of time the ranges are closed to members. Twas my point. I do look at the calender . Most of the time with dismay lol. I cant be the only one out of the 1000's of members that feels this way.. Ehh it is what it is and it will probably never change, so i will live with it or go elsewhere. The choice is clearly mine :maninlove:

One other thought I just had: Since you're in Montville, you're not far from RTSP. Head over there to shoot when CR is closed or when the weather is inclement. Of course, you would be mostly limited to handguns if you went in that direction. I have memberships at both, but then I do not have a wife to whom to be accountable.

So I'll assume you almost,somewhat,partially agree with me? lol . Ahhh compromise. That would be nice but ,Im the one who would have to compromise not the non members :-)

It just sucks that i get all anxious about getting to the range only to find out its being used/closed to members. We all spend a good deal of money to be "members" and to not be considered first is somewhat insulting. Just my feelings. Not whining ,just making an observation.

The compromise was to build a separate pistol range next to the existing one to handle the competitions.......... well, it looks like that is now never going to happen. :icon_mad:

which was one of my points. Its not much unlike the current federal administration we have. Spending the money of the people with no regard

for what the members think. Oh well we spent the money for nothing,no big deal the members will provide more. So on top of money being wasted, members are forced to play

second fiddle to every association that uses the range for comps, where a majority of the players are non members. Heres a compromise, use only one day on the weekend for comps. This way members who cannot shoot during the week have one day that they know they can use any range on the weekend. And whoever the older woman who answers the

phone is, Try to be somewhat pleasant even if you dont want to,or find someone who is better suited to deal with people. A little sense of humor goes a long way

Anyone know if CR is open today, Wed., 10/31? Called the hotline and did not get an answer, which does not bode well.

I can tell you that Canistear was closed this morning and is open now. My power was restored last night, but there are still outages over in that area(a couple miles away), so I would suggest you don't go unless you want to take a drive. There may be trees down on range road and there is probably no power for the target change lights(not that you couldn't work around that).

Thanks Mark for your prompt reply. Our power is still off here in Wayne, but there is a small oasis around my office that has service. Was thinking of taking the drive up there, but from what you say, and from the lack of response on the hotline, I would say that it is probably not worth my making the half hour drive.