jeklog

check your ammo

imagine your trying to defend your life and your familiy! took me awhile to get the ammo out, it got stuck and afraid the it might go boom. it could have injured me or damage my firearm.

I'm always scared that's going to happen when shooting my 50 year old surplus 8mm ammo. I know you're supposed to keep the barrel pointed down range. I had it once, but the firing pin just didn't strike the primer. I think when I loaded the ammo into the gun, I didn't do it right. It's a scary feeling...

imagine your trying to defend your life and your familiy! took me awhile to get the ammo out, it got stuck and afraid the it might go boom. it could have injured me or damage my firearm.

Why would you try to use cheap range ammo to do that?

• Like 1

Why would you try to use cheap range ammo to do that?

There is ammo that costs less and ammo that costs more and ammo that costs too much and ammo that is crap. Some of that "cheap range ammo" you may use are overruns for military contracts and could just as well wound up in some soldier's or marine's rifle in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I have never seen a need for "premium" ammo other than falling for the manufacturer's advertising. I've seen millions of rounds in my time and saw just as many defective rounds come from "premium" ammo" as "cheap range ammo" on a percentage basis. I'm talking rounds wqithout primers, crushed case necks, deformed bullets, no flash hole in the brass,etc. I've even seen "LE" shotgun ammo come without any shot in it.

You do need to inspect your ammo before you shoot it and do a closer examination if you are using it to carry.

A FMJ that ends the fight does the same job as that premium SD ammo.

Too many people think you need to spend $2 a round to defend yourself with.

Okay, rant over.

post-3530-0-84267100-1328758593_thumb.jpgbought 9mm remington umc, 1 jammed cause it has a deformed casing. check your ammo cause it could cost you your life when you are trying to defend it or your families or simply could get hurt or ruin your firearm.

While better than no ammo, that's not what would be best for HD/SD ammo, get a good quality HP or something like Hornady CD ammo for that and keep this RN ammo for paper targets. By the way, the pic is real small, might want to load a bigger pic.

• Like 1

Everyone simmer down. Things happen. Contact Remington or American Eagle etc. Things happen, maybe quality control may be lacking. Everything is not the end of the world. Maybe they will send you a coupon for some free ammo. :) INHO Quality rounds should be used for HD/CCW whatever you want to call it.

While better than no ammo, that's not what would be best for HD/SD ammo, get a good quality HP or something like Hornady CD ammo for that and keep this RN ammo for paper targets. By the way, the pic is real small, might want to load a bigger pic.

^^^^^^^^

What he said.

sorry bout the picture it won't let me upload a larger size picture.

someone posted crack casing a week or so ago. I'm only saying guys just for safety that we should check our ammo doesn't matter if its the cheapest ammo or the most expensive ammo out there. just for safety!!!