BRaptor

Supreme Court Justice Breyer Robbed...at knifepoint

From what I had known of him before, he's been:

Anti-2A

Hypocrite

Bit of a lush/drinker

Pointless/senseless pontificator (when he's drunk, anyway)

and now, he's a home-invasion robbery victim.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h6eMx8qYAupeLDmAEFILQLZ4HVQA?docId=624fb3f556bd4f23b721e752b492f9d4

From the Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Justice Stephen Breyer was robbed last week by a machete-wielding intruder at his vacation home in the West Indies, a Supreme Court spokeswoman said Monday.

The 73-year-old Breyer, wife Joanna and guests were confronted by the robber around 9 p.m. EST Thursday in the home Breyer owns on the Caribbean island of Nevis, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said. The intruder took about $1,000 in cash and no one was hurt, Arberg said.

She said the robbery was reported to local authorities, but she did not know if an arrest has been made.

Breyer reported on his most recent annual disclosure in June that property he owns on Nevis is worth between $100,000 and $250,000.

The last time a justice was the victim of a crime was in 2004, when a group of young men assaulted Justice David Souter as he jogged on a city street. Souter suffered minor injuries.

In 1996, a man snatched Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's purse while she was out walking with her husband and daughter near their home in Washington. Ginsburg was not hurt.

The justices return from a nearly month-long recess for a closed-door conference on Friday. They will next meet in public on February 21.

At least he stuck to his "guns" and kept himself completely disarmed at home, just like he wants you and me to be! I'm very thankful that neither he nor his family members were hurt.

From what I had known of him before, he's been:

Anti-2A

Hypocrite

Bit of a lush/drinker

Pointless/senseless pontificator (when he's drunk, anyway)

and now, he's a home-invasion robbery victim.

http://www.google.co...721e752b492f9d4

From the Associated Press

At least he stuck to his "guns" and kept himself completely disarmed at home, just like he wants you and me to be! I'm very thankful that neither he nor his family members were hurt.

We can only hope that he sees the truth now and changes his tune. It's good that he and his family were unharmed, but if this were to happen again, he might not be so lucky.

Well considering his own written opinion on self defense says that self defense is not a right, and has never been fundamentally such, I don't feel bad in the least. Maybe it is bad of me to say this, but it actually wouldn't have been a terrible thing if he was injured. Though I wish no ill will on anybody in particular, I have no pity on those who willingly chose to be defenseless.

Only a moron would say self defense is not a right. I'd like to see what he actually wrote.

He wrote a dissenting opinion on both D.C v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago.

http://www.law.corne...07-290.ZD1.html

"In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense. There has been, and is, no consensus that the right is, or was, 'fundamental.'

The Amendment permits government to regulate the interests that it serves. Thus, irrespective of what those interests are—whether they do or do not include an independent interest in self-defense—the majority’s view cannot be correct

That is moot. If one wishes people to be disarmed and unarmed someplace, it would reason that their opinion would not be different just because they are someplace else. It would only matter if he supported self defense and based on his location was NOT able to use a firearm to do so. That is not the case however.

i had heard it was a machete. Hey, good thing he didn't have a gun to protect himself!

I bet it was like some kind of 3 inch pocket knife. Machete is like the media buzzword for "BIG KNIFE", just like ASSAULT WEAPONS for firearms.

I bet it was like some kind of 3 inch pocket knife. Machete is like the media buzzword for "BIG KNIFE", just like ASSAULT WEAPONS for firearms.

Down in the islands, LMAO, dude baby's will have a 3" knives in the crib. Machete's are as common as us carrying a wallet.