How " beginner friendly " is this event? Do not know the slightest thing about USPSA rules or how to play.

-Alec

Alec, we can get a squad together more than likely, if not I did my first USPSA at OB and I had no problems. Every single person was very helpful for me being brand new, so don't worry if something happens and we can't get squadded together. If we can, it will make it just that much easier.

How " beginner friendly " is this event? Do not know the slightest thing about USPSA rules or how to play.

-Alec

a number of us started out in USPSA shooting the matches in OBRPC. There's a safety briefing before the match starts. Make sure you come in early to attend it.

What are you planning to shoot?

a number of us started out in USPSA shooting the matches in OBRPC. There's a safety briefing before the match starts. Make sure you come in early to attend it.

What are you planning to shoot?

see below

Harry, what division and power factor would I be in with my sti trojan 9mm single stack

Thanks

Harry, what division and power factor would I be in with my sti trojan 9mm single stack

Should be SS (Single Stack) Minor 9mm is minor unless you load your own and use an open gun, 9Major out of a regular gun probably wouldn't be that much fun to shoot.

factory ammo 115 gr

so....sti trojan 9mm singlestack

Division : SS

Power Factor: Minor

Got it

How much ammo to bring?

Bring 200 - 250, maybe more just to be safe, and heck it's not like you can't bring it home anyway.. :icon_mrgreen:

How many mags do you have how many do they hold??

factory ammo 115 gr

so....sti trojan 9mm singlestack

Division : SS

Power Factor: Minor

Got it

How much ammo to bring?

I usually bring 300 rounds, which is probably overkill, but thats extra in case someone else needs some, or there's a lot of steel and have a lot of extra shots. :)

Six - 10 round mags

10 Rounders, heck you could shoot production them and be on a more level playing field being most who shoot SS are shooting Major PF, and no matter what you shoot in Production you shooting Minor.

Also you are scored in your division, and SS with 9mm probably puts you at a disadvantage, but a level playing field in Production.

If you registered SS, just fill out the sheet that was emailed to you, and make the change and print that up and mention the change on the day of the match.

Also it should be 20 bucks for OB Members.

If he is shooting a 1911, he can't shoot in Production. Shooting SS minor allows 10 rounds, Mjor only allows 8 so the extra rounds can offset the minor scoring on same stages

Thats Right, Alec take a look at 2Alphas post above and I edited my original. SS Minor dude, 10 rounds are cool as stated above..

Yeah shooting minor in SS will kinda suck but if it's first match he doesn't have to try to be super competitive. Just worry about safety and the basics.

I disagree with that. You can be competitive with minor in SS. Its the only division were you get a benefit out of shooting minor to help offset the scoring

Dont know what that means, too green still. :gaming:

Does the 10 round SS division disadvantage come from magazine capacity ( not being 15 rounds ) or loosing points for shooting factory ammo?

Shooting alpha= alpha are the highest scoring per target

A=5 major 5 minor

B 4 Major 3 minor

C 4 major 3 minor

D 2 Major 1 minor

You add up all you points, divide by your time and that gives a hit factor, highest wins, as you can see, with minor scoring you lose more points for everything outside the A zone

SS minor comes from shooting minor caliber 9mm, major is 40, 45

They only get 8 rounds per mag

Dont know what that means, too green still. :gaming:

Does the 10 round SS division disadvantage come from magazine capacity ( not being 15 rounds ) or loosing points for shooting factory ammo?

It's the "power factor" of the ammo. Your hits outside the "A" zone are scored less if you're shooting minor. But this being you're first USPSA match, I recommend you focus on safety, accuracy and having lots of fun.

You can check out the rules by going to the USPSA website and do a little bit of research.

Alec, Have you shot any type of Action match, one requiring you to draw from a holster, load on the clock and move? We do run at safety brief at the match, however it is not a instructional class. You MUST have the basic skill set down in order to be able to compete. You are certainly welcom to atend the match. We run, and strongly suggest you attend our indoor match where we do an 1-1/2 hour class and a live fire practice match where we will coach you though every step as needed.