TheMan

Told i can only apply for two PP's at a time!!

So i went into Long Branch PD today to apply for a few Handgun purchase permits. I applied for 3 and i was told that "NJ state law only allows the department to issue 2 permits per application". Once i told the admin guy that ive applied for more than 2 before and if he can please show me the LAW that states that. He told me to hold on a few minutes while he goes and asks the Captain if its ok that i apply for 3. The Captain comes out 5 minutes later and tells me that applying for 3 is fine. Has anyone else been through this? This is a first for me. Mind you; ive gotten over 10 permits at Long Branch with no issue.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19258-njsp-letter-to-chiefs-proving-ppps-cannot-be-limited/

Maybe you should print this out and drop it off for everyone at your local pd to read. At least the captain knows the laws. :)

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/19258-njsp-letter-to-chiefs-proving-ppps-cannot-be-limited/

Maybe you should print this out and drop it off for everyone at your local pd to read. At least the captain knows the laws. :)

Thanks john, when the admin person told me that, i actually was stunned lol. Thinking to myself; does this guy know what hes talking about.

That is total BS! I just got 3 from East Windsor and I know for fact that I could go apply for and get 100 tomorrow. There are exceptions to the one gun a month law that could very well require you to get more than 2. One would be if you inherited a collection from a family member.

Stand firm but dont make a giant argument about it.

BTW, you can extend a PP for another 90 days so theoretically you can get 6 in one shot and use them all before they expire with carefull planning, And that is with the one gun a month rule.

Ken

When the Captain says it's ok to apply for 3, you should've then applied for 6. :)

If i hit this mega millions tonight im going to go and apply for 200,000, just so someone has to fill out all those permits lol. Then ill tell them that according to Federal law; they have to issue me permits within a certain time frame

If i hit this mega millions tonight im going to go and apply for 200,000, just so someone has to fill out all those permits lol. Then ill tell them that according to Federal law; they have to issue me permits within a certain time frame

It's state law not federal and the courts say they don't have to follow the law.

If I hit the Mega Milions I'll be moving to a state where I won't have to worry about permits.

• Like 1

It is tough to buy six handguns within the time frame allotted (not using the exemption) due to NICS and their hours, but if you buy a few handguns from private individuals it is a piece of cake.

If they don't sit on them between the issue date and when you get them you should have days left over in a perfect world. I figured it out once but I think if they were good for a total of 184 you could actually use 7 P2P with out filling for a multiple P2P exemption.

When you really look at it, 400K plus 18 Bucks might be a little more regardless of how much you won.

...then Im returning to tell them I want 2 or 3 and for them to call the NJSP.

You do realize that you will have to go through the application process all over again, don't you?

You can get up to any number, but you have to make sure you fall within the 30 days (or use an exemption).

NICS just royally screwed my today because my last permit is about to expire, its 31 days and they wrote the wrong date of my last NICS check. by SEVEN days late. Now i have to attempt to extend this permit....or go through the process of getting another one.

I hate this place.