this_is_nascar

Best Method of Finding Ammo Sales

For places like MidwayUSA and CheaperThanDirt, what's the easiest way to find out when they have ammo on sale, short of looking at the website each day? Is there a "on sale" mailing list or something that can be subscribed to? I'd prefer to buy ammo when it's on sale, but don't want to be locked into going to everyone's website each day.

For places like MidwayUSA and CheaperThanDirt, what's the easiest way to find out when they have ammo on sale, short of looking at the website each day? Is there a "on sale" mailing list or something that can be subscribed to? I'd prefer to buy ammo when it's on sale, but don't want to be locked into going to everyone's website each day.

Once I made a purchase I started receiving their Emails with the sale items.

Another vote for gun-deals.com. The good thing about gun-deals is that they factor in shipping based on your zipcode into your total cost, which really helps in figuring out who has the lowest total cost per round.

For the most part AIM Surplus, Palmetto, SGAmmo, and sometimes Wideners seem to have the best deals in my experience... at least for the calibers I buy. You really need to buy in large quantities to get the savings tho. If you're not buying at least 1k at a time, you're really not gonna see the savings.

Personally, I've found sites like Midway, CTD, SG, etc to have the worst prices unless you happen to catch a free or $5 shipping deal.

I just keep a list of ammo sites under my favorites on my web browser and run down them whenever i'm looking to buy

Thanks everyone. Well, that's the reason I'm looking for a push instead of me seeking it out. I want to know of the sale even if/when I'm not needing ammo. The way my luck runs, it's when I need ammo that none of it will be on sale. :)

Thanks everyone. Well, that's the reason I'm looking for a push instead of me seeking it out. I want to know of the sale even if/when I'm not needing ammo. The way my luck runs, it's when I need ammo that none of it will be on sale. :)

Understandibly, but thats why you go to ammoengine.com, slickguns.com and gun-deals.com. All those sights scour the online retailers and give tyou the results in one page. You dont even have to wait for sale emails from the retailers using those engines.

Understandibly, but thats why you go to ammoengine.com, slickguns.com and gun-deals.com. All those sights scour the online retailers and give tyou the results in one page. You dont even have to wait for sale emails from the retailers using those engines.

Ok thanks. I must have misunderstood at first. I'm not always the sharpest pencil in the box :).

OK, thanks. So bottom line, it sounds like I have to seek the sales and visit a website as opposed to the sales being "pushed" to me. Rifleman was the only one that indicates that I may start getting email solicitations.

I have not found anyone who can beat The Sportsman's Guide when you can take advantage of their free shipping.

HOT OFF THE PRESS!!

spg_ammo_and_shooting_event_022412.jpg

http://www.sportsman...ction/sl.aspx?s= 4204&rp=section

I have not found anyone who can beat The Sportsman's Guide when you can take advantage of their free shipping.

Really? Then you internet searching skills need some work. I'm just picking one random ammo deal from the link you posted:

http://www.sportsman...o.aspx?a=949833

1000 rounds for $218.47 IF you're a Guide member. That does NOT include shipping and as far as I can tell there is no free shipping deal going on right now. But, whatever, let's assume there IS a free shipping deal and the total cost is $218.47 to your door.

Here's the SAME ammo:

http://www.sgammo.co...-tmj-ammo-53650

1000 for $199.80 + $16.00 for shipping = $215.80 shipped to your door.

Now, IF Sportsman's Guide is having a free shipping deal AND you're buying more than 2000 rounds, then it MIGHT work out that Sportsman's Guide is cheaper. But, generally speaking, they are WAY overpriced.

ETA: and if you want a really good laugh, look at how much they're asking for GECO 9mm. Last time I bought 1000 rounds of GECO I paid $199 to my door (which, admittedly, was over a year ago). The guide wants $266? Hell of a deal that is :)

ETA2: I have no affiliation with SGAmmo. I just used them as an example of an online retailer that is considerably cheaper than the "big name" retailers.

Really? Then you internet searching skills need some work. I'm just picking one random ammo deal from the link you posted:

http://www.sportsman...o.aspx?a=949833

1000 rounds for $218.47 IF you're a Guide member. That does NOT include shipping and as far as I can tell there is no free shipping deal going on right now. But, whatever, let's assume there IS a free shipping deal and the total cost is $218.47 to your door.

Here's the SAME ammo:

http://www.sgammo.co...-tmj-ammo-53650

1000 for $199.80 + $16.00 for shipping = $215.80 shipped to your door.

Now, IF Sportsman's Guide is having a free shipping deal AND you're buying more than 2000 rounds, then it MIGHT work out that Sportsman's Guide is cheaper. But, generally speaking, they are WAY overpriced.

ETA: and if you want a really good laugh, look at how much they're asking for GECO 9mm. Last time I bought 1000 rounds of GECO I paid $199 to my door (which, admittedly, was over a year ago). The guide wants $266? Hell of a deal that is :)

ETA2: I have no affiliation with SGAmmo. I just used them as an example of an online retailer that is considerably cheaper than the "big name" retailers.

It would be nice if SGAmmo actually had the ammo in stock. Buying one box would wind up at .459 cents a round. Sure buying in bulk may be cheaper. I stick with 4 or 5 places that I buy ammo from that have been the cheapest for me. I typically buy smaller lot sizes about 400 rounds a month and it is not worth investing more of my time shopping to shave off fractions of cents. Too many other priorities.

It would be nice if SGAmmo actually had the ammo in stock. Buying one box would wind up at .459 cents a round. Sure buying in bulk may be cheaper. I stick with 4 or 5 places that I buy ammo from that have been the cheapest for me. I typically buy smaller lot sizes about 400 rounds a month and it is not worth investing more of my time shopping to shave off fractions of cents. Too many other priorities.

We're really not talking about fractions of cents... but sure. It's your money. Spend it how you want. As long as the OP understands there are MANY options for buying ammo online, then we're all in agreement.

ETA: And just for the record, I have nothing against the Sportsmans Guide. I buy stuff from them all the time. Just not ammo :)

I found this one, which looks pretty good too.

http://ammoseek.com/

I can go to Edison right now and buy 9mm for $220/1000, everyday price. Guess I may also have to pay NJ sales tax on that also, but no shipping, no fuss.

Delivered to my door and no FID is no fuss to me.

I check ammoengine.com and ammoseek.com but they never have the best deals. Slickguns.com usually has the best deals.

I like the price per round sort feature that several have. I think that is the best way to find the real best price. nothing wrong with checking an advertised price against slickguns or ammoseek to see how good of a deal it is. My Pal does pretty good with the Sportmans Guide by maximizing the free shipping and gift cards offered.

I can go to Edison right now and buy 9mm for $220/1000, everyday price. Guess I may also have to pay NJ sales tax on that also, but no shipping, no fuss.

I get 9mm for $180/1000 no tax, no shipping delivered to my office.