Sign in to follow this  
joe66

Going on week 9.

A delemma,p2p going on week 9.Should i give them a call?I know they cop attatude if they think you are bugging them.I have a handgun on layaway.I keep telling the gun store it shouldnt be long.East Brunswick was 7 weeks avg.Now who knows..

I called on mine week 7 , left a polite message that I just wanted to know that my references replied and also said I wanted to sign up for training that required I had my own handgun ( which was true) , so I was wondering what the timeline on the permit would be and should i feel confident signing up for the class , etc.

Week 9? Be thankful you are not getting yours from NJSP Kingwood. Months, months and more months!

Fudgin Anti-American Dirtbags that my taxes support.

Slap-a-**** :)

I wonder how long they'll be able to downplay the increase in gun ownership in nj? Depts. backlogged with requests, sales increasing...

When I went to Vinnie to pick up my pistol the other day he said I was the 300th person in NJ to purchase a gun that day, on a Tuesday no less. I agree I nice polite phone call couldnt hurt the cause. They need to throw this paper registration garbage to the waist side.

Still waiting for sgt to return to work, this Mon 27 feb The Lt said he will be back tomorrow,do you see a B.S. job being given to me.. The sgt is only one to make calls to refs.....It must be great to screw people around. And get paid by the same people you are screwing.!!!!!

• Like 1

Still waiting for sgt to return to work, this Mon 27 feb The Lt said he will be back tomorrow,do you see a B.S. job being given to me.. The sgt is only one to make calls to refs.....It must be great to screw people around. And get paid by the same people you are screwing.!!!!!

I feel your pain. I have to go and kiss some azz tomorrow too. Next week I'm at 8 weeks for something that should take no longer than 30 days. I wish the local police would just give this up to the state police if they can't get it done.

Update,as of today 2-29-2012 i called and lady said the sgt. is still out,who knows when he will return.This is the only one who calles the refs.I cant believe how indifferent the attatudes of buerocrats can be.Paper work submitted on 1-3. I AM SPEECHLESS!!!

People have to realize that the number of permits have skyrocketed. Sales are at an all time high. My gun shop can't even get enough guns in stock to keep up with demand. More permits same if not less number of cops. Not defending the ridiculous wait times but some slack must be given. I think police depts would rather do away with permit process. One less thing to worry about.

Look, only thing to be done on my p2p is phone call,as per lady in office.Why cant another detective do it?Just dial phone?How many times the dial there home phone during the day....

I know in my town and also the town my father lives in, they only have 1 officer to handle all the applications. Also most of the time you have to call in advance to get their schedule so you can meet on their time. It took me almost 3 months to get my ID card and my first P2P back. Depending on the officer you may get luck and they will be nice in getting back to you but the one from my town told me that he would get it done on his timeline, my paperwork wasn't as important as whatever else he had going on...Sorry man just the way the police treat legal firearms owners

Contact the CHief of Police and politely express your concerns. Let him know if it is not taken care of, your next meeting will be with the Mayor, and then your Senator. We cannot let these Townships keep making their own rules up. If someone is out, somebody better be filling in for them!

• Like 2

Thanks for your response,i will call on monday.One thing, im afraid of getting push back from these people if pressed.They have a HUGE attatude.I dont want to be pushed to the back of the pile...

What I've found with talking to cops...if you talk to them like you would like to be talked to, they will be very helpful.

"Hi, good afternoon sir/maam. I applied for a permit to purchase 9 weeks ago and just wanted to see if you have any updates on the status of it."

I may be new but the stuff I've gone through with my FID and my (one) P2P, that's worked out well, as in both times I got a phone call by the officer in charge of it within 2 business days.

Talk to them in a way that keeps the ball in their court and shows you understand they're in control (which, honestly, they are) and the response may surprise you.

Thanks for reply.I have been applying for p2p for 23 yrs. here in e. brunswick.I have also spoke to the ladys in the office.The problem is no one will commet to anything including a LT. the other day who picked up the phone.Basicly he said NOT MY YOB! wait for sgt to return.