hiker88

Just picked up some ammo cans

I wonder if we buy a pallet from the government auction site would they sell here. I almost did with a friend from work but was worried I'd be stuck with 400 of them.

I know the starting bid was $150 but did it end at? I think they would easily sell especially with all the prepping going on. I thought about getting a pallet but didn't think my camry could handle the pickup lol.

If you could get 400 cans for $150, there's no doubt you could sell them at a great price and still make a good profit. That would come to .37 cents a can, if my math is correct.

I think the one on the left is too big unless your stockpiling in your bunker, you can't easily carry that big a** one with you to the range. I don't know what size it is but the right picture with the carry handle, I think would be best.

Where is the depot located? Assuming they come on a pallet, would they fit in a pickup or need a trailer or box truck.

Each pallet contains a minimum of 144 cans. Some lots go as high as 288 or more. Lately going price per can at auction is $6.00 and up. Add 10% auction fee and the state sales tax. You then have 10 days to pick them up. But, you must have an appt. They tell you what day and time frame. Sometimes you load yourself. I did a 168 can pallet out of Harrisburg about 2 months ago. Fort Dix has one that ends today. Last I checked almost 1700.00 plus 10% plus 7% state sales tax for 288 m2a1 (50 cal) cans on two pallets (About 7.00 can already). Starting to get out of hand. I may have some left over from my last lot. If so, I will list on Marketplace.

Yeah I'd like the big one for home storage because I like to buy ammo in bulk (cheaper) so I am looking for a good can to store them in.

I have an M2A1 can (like the one on the right in the OP) and an M19A1 which I use to carry ammo and random stuff too and from the range. But I would like the big a** one (I think that's a 40mm ammo can) just to store stuff at home.

If you guys did buy a pallet I would probably buy a few of these.

But I would like the big a** one (I think that's a 40mm ammo can) just to store stuff at home.

That looks to be a 20mm can.

Heres some approx. sizes for reference (LxWxH)

.30cal can - 11.00 x 4.00 x 7.00 in.

.50cal can - 11.75 x 6.10 x 7.25 in

Fat .50 can - 12.75 x 7.25 x 8.75 in

20mm can - 18.40 x 8.25 x 14.40 in.

40mm can - 18.25 x 6.25 x 10.25 in.