Arbelest

1st Lever Action - Glenfield Model 30A

Just picked up my first lever action, and used rifle yesterday when I was spending the weekend in Lancaster PA. My eyes landed on the Marlin Glenfield Model 30A in 30-30 caliber, and it came with a Bushnell Sportview scope on it. Seeing as how it was use, there was no owners manual to come with it and I tried looking through Marlins website and could not find it, I plan to call them up tommorow and see if I can get a hold of something. Other then that I don't know much else about the firearm, or whether it was a good price, getting a lever action was not on the top of my list for things to get, but I thought it would be fun to have one at some point. Any other information would be nice to here.

post-4200-0-37552900-1334514412_thumb.jpg

Decorative marking on the stock

post-4200-0-42286300-1334514384_thumb.jpg

Great Buy. I am kind of a lingerer on the forums, but I own a model 336cs. If you look at the manual for this model, you should see how to take down your gun and clean and all the other features. Marlin/Glenfield all work very similar.

Hope this helps and Congratulations again, Enjoy,

Roger

I own a model 336cs. If you look at the manual for this model, you should see how to take down your gun and clean and all the other features. Marlin/Glenfield all work very similar.

Hope this helps and Congratulations again, Enjoy,

Roger

Thanks its a good starting point so I can start getting some of the specifics together. After doing a little research I found out it was made in 1977(older then me) and it was the second variation.

Thanks its a good starting point so I can start getting some of the specifics together. After doing a little research I found out it was made in 1977(older then me) and it was the second variation.

Nice rifle. You have a "pre-safety" model, oftentimes preferred by Marlin purists. Disassembly is very simple, and the Marlin has fewer working parts than the Winchester.

New manual (this manual includes the hammer block safety, but will suffice for your disassembly needs)

http://stevespages.c...36_444_1895.pdf

Marlin cutaway showing working parts

Marlin-cutaway-diag.jpg

I really want to get a lever action. How do you like this one so far? I wish I could test shoot some before making a decision. Know anywhere I can test shoot some?

If you ever find yourself down at the OBRPC for a Steel, USPSA, or OBRAMS match let me know, I have a Marlin 39A 22LR you send a few downrange if you like.