stretch2knj

Hello from Union County !!!

Hows everybody doing? Im new to the forums. I live in Linden,nj. Just got into guns in the past year by a friend of mine who invited me to the range with her.

Just recently recieved my FID card and a permit about a week ago. Now im in search of my first handgun so i can hit the range and enjoy this world of firearms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I am in the market of a 1911. When i went to the range for the first time i shot around 15 different guns and the 1911 felt the best in my hands, i fell in love with it as soon as i picked it up.

I have a tight budget of around $500-600. From all the research ive done online i am leaning towards a Rock Island Armory 1911 - either the Tactical or the Match version.

Yup. John Browning sure knew what he was doing. Over one hunderd years old and still about the best feeling handgun around. Enjoy what will be the first of many!

I'm not going to tell you what to buy but, make sure you check out the STI Spartan. Same price range, better quality.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=6DC0000-1161707138

Had to do an immediate upgrade, changed out the stock wood grips with Black double diamond grips and changed the original screws with some Stainless Steel screws... Gun looks so much better

post-4977-133583640044_thumb.jpg