johnp

Cool Pictures

My father-in-law was a tail gunner in the 100th bomber group back in WWII. He died on August 31, 2010. The Aluminum Overcast was in NJ that week and the day of his funeral was the day they transitioned the aircraft from Trenton to Fairfield. I spoke with the flight crew that week and offered them $2000 if they could perform a flyover during his funeral but it sadly was too far out of their flight path. Apparently due to the age of the airframe the FAA must pre-approve their flight paths; at least that is what they told me.

Sometimes when I'm over my mother-in-law's house I just sit and stare at the WWII era map of Europe he put up in the den with push pins and dates on all the missions he flew; Schweinfurt, Dusseldorf, Stuttgart, Berlin, Bremen, Frankfurt, Cologne, etc. and think about all of the amazing stories he told me about those missions. I miss that tough old man; he was a walking history book.

^pics like that make me kick myself in the ass for choosing a combat MOS.

Sure as hell weren't any chic's like that in my battalion..

Trust me for Ammo ( Her MOS in the picture), chicks that look that good are still rare. Luckly those numbers are on the rise :yahoo:

back on topic

f-22a-raptor-wallpapers_4655_1152x864.jpg