Wojo

Friends of the NRA, Wayne NJ - June 7th

Not me, two hours is too long of a drive. I wish we had more 2A functions that were closer to my neck of the woods. Seems like all the most interesting events are all over an hour away. :(

Fun for children of all ages...I brought my 12 year old last year. Talked me into bidding for a Rossi 20g/22lr/243 youth gun (pos).

What is it?... A 'Trick Tray' for men. You buy you ticket and receive some tickets to put into buckets for a prize you would like to win. There are a number of different raffles, silent auctions, 'games of chance' if you will, 50/50 types of things and it ends with an auction of selection firearms. They even have a station where they sent off care packages of sorts to Active Duty personnel.

A good suggestion would be to have / keep an extra pistol permit ready for the event. All this takes place over a cash bar, good food and amongst people who share a common interest. Dress is 'corporate casual'. Leave the suit and wife beater shirt at home, pretty much anything in between is okay.

Because this is the PRNJ, no actual firearms are available to fondle. By law, they can't have the real thing on sight, but there are pictures available. Typically a designated FFL retains the firearm until you go to the shop and make it legal. Payment is made at the event...no I'll pay you next week.

MOST importantly, the money raised goes towards funding NRA classes, Eddie Eagle, Ranges, etc. These events account for a huge part of the enormous money the NRA gives towards education. Regardless of your position of the NRA, this money goes back into the firearms community. It is VERY pro-Americana. Pledge of Allegiance to the US, honoring Veterans, etc.

@ Sigman...yea I was to depart for a deployment of sorts, but a financial tsumani made me take a knee for a few. I'm upright now and back in the fight.

Good question. If you PM your cell phone number, I will call or text you when I get there so we can meet up.

I'll be there. How are we NJGF folks going to know each other?

If this thread is any indication, looks like a pretty weak representation from NJGF.