Teky0101

Pistol Or Rifle under $250

I was thinking about something like a nice Mil surplus. Perhaps a good condition nagant revolver or a 9mm. New is also great but I know my budget is tight. I was thinking the gun at most to be $250 and maybe out the door $275 - $300.

Browse the used racks, you'd be suprised at what you can get in your price range.

If I may make a suggstion..

Pistol: CZ-82. With shipping and transfer should be right around $270 OTD

Rifle: Mosin Nagant + a can of milsurp ammo.

Rimfire: Marlin 60. Pa walmarts have them for around $160

Browse the used racks, you'd be suprised at what you can get in your price range.

If I may make a suggstion..

Pistol: CZ-82. With shipping and transfer should be right around $270 OTD

A CZ-52 would be better. It's quite a bit more fun to shoot a Tokarev at 1700fps than an anemic Makarov.

A CZ-52 is a nice gun but the power of the Tokarev sounds really fun. Is it hard to get non-corrosive ammo for them?

No, it's not hard to get non corrosive, it's just a little spendy. I generally pay around $16-18 for a box of non corrosive. I have bought 1260 round tins for $125-135 of corrosive.

There are a few upgrades that you can do that makes the gun very reliable...I've been through them, heh.

Nice, Pics are required ya know, and what Caliber? Running a 30-30 myself..

Took photos the other day, but not happy with them, will take more tonight. I have some others to photograph as well.

It's a .35 Remington manufactured in '61 IIRC.

Hello Everyone,

It my birthday next week and I was hoping to get a rifle to pistol on a budget. Does anyone know a descent pistol or rifle for under $250 dollars?

Thanks!

How about a hipoint carbine 995ts for about 300. I have one and its really fun to shoot.

If you could save up a little more, like, $275, you could probably get a pretty nice SKS for that price. I've seen some as cheap as $225, but they usually run around $250. They're pretty nice, I want one actually.

Tekyo,

You wont regret it if you do. I have the 995ts its the 9mm. Barely any recoil and surprisingly accurate right out of the box. How accurate? My Australian uncle who hasn't been in a range, whose stance and hold on the rifle is worse than any ive ever seen (RO told me to keep an eye on him before he loses a finger) placed all his 20 shots in a 6 inch target at 25yards.Ghost ring sight makes it a natural pointer, fast &easy target acquisistion,windage and elevtion adjustments,picattiny rails. It is an easy home defense weapon for tight quarters, standard pressure ammo will have a velocity boost of almost 250ft/sec over a 5 inch barrel

Go to http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=274&order=desc&page=5 its a good forum. Members are very open minded and will tell you more tahn I can possibly explain.

Benboga