Justjules

Beretta CX4 Storm

Just purchased a new Beretta CX4 Storm from Chris at Bullseye in Woodbridge. Was there looking for an AR and he had one of these Cx4's in 45 ACP in stock. I did some research earlier on it and was considering one due to the ability to easily modify it from left handed user to right handed user with no additional parts. Also it accepts various rail attachments and barrel shrouds to spice it up a bit. I figured it is a good weapon with the combination of accuracy in mid range up to 100 yards and has sufficient stopping power due to the heavier 45 cal bullet.And seems like it will be cheaper to shoot than an AR and should quench my thirst for my AR for long enough to have one built or ordered. :mole:

It is also very comfortable compact and light weight, plus very unique looking which is what I like.

The only draw back is the 8 round magazines, but it will accept Beretta handgun mags so I need to find a few 15 round mags for it.

The retail was $915 but Chris sold it to me for $829 so It was a fair price and he seems like a cool guy with a decent selection of items.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/

80547.jpg

cx4sling.JPG

The above picture is not my gun but this is how I most likely will configure it, I just ordered the barrel shroud for it from Beretta and will mount my Sig Sauer Stop light to it...I will post actual pictures of mine later on tonight after I figure out how to swap it to left handed eject.

Sadly they don't have 15 round 45acp mags for the 45 Beretta. SP does make a magazine kit to give you 15 rounds. But its like 60 bucks a mag. Everyone is getting the CX4 Storm. lol

Sadly they don't have 15 round 45acp mags for the 45 Beretta. SP does make a magazine kit to give you 15 rounds. But its like 60 bucks a mag. Everyone is getting the CX4 Storm. lol

It is a nice gun!! Dont see many in 45 cal, all the ones I see are 9mm and 40 cal...

I like the front vertical grip and red dot on mine, I find the barrel shroud useless, but since it was on it when I bought it I left it there. Get the proper red dot and it will co-witness with the stock sights. I got mine from Amazon for less than $40 and it still holds zero after about 500 rounds through it.

I like the front vertical grip and red dot on mine, I find the barrel shroud useless, but since it was on it when I bought it I left it there. Get the proper red dot and it will co-witness with the stock sights. I got mine from Amazon for less than $40 and it still holds zero after about 500 rounds through it.

The barrel shroud just makes it look a little more EVIL....Mwuhahahahahah!!! I just ordered the shroud and the bottom rail kit, the slide out rail in the gun is useless IMHO. Im gonna use the stock sights and utilize the lazer sight on my Sig Sauer Stoplight for close range.

I love the fact that I can set it up to eject the rounds on the left side!!

I can tell you from experience the cx4 does not need a red dot, it will only make it look cool, but it is so accurate with out it believe me... I was gonna order those 15 round mag kits, but back log was like a month wait for them...here is mine in .45 cal with my converted saiga, i really love this little carbine.

th_9a183ca7.jpg

I can tell you from experience the cx4 does not need a red dot, it will only make it look cool, but it is so accurate with out it believe me... I was gonna order those 15 round mag kits, but back log was like a month wait for them...here is mine in .45 cal with my converted saiga, i really love this little carbine.

th_9a183ca7.jpg

Now THAT is SEXY!!! From the video it seems to have more recoil than I expected it to have. WOW...

Here is mine, I ordered the shroud kit, which IMHO it NEEDS to look better, and the front rail kit which also IMHO the gun should come with...That is the Sig Stoplight, laying below in the position it will be in when i get the rail kit. Do you guys thing the sig light it too big for the gun? Or does it look ok?

DSC_1357.jpg

DSC_1358.jpg

$60 and you have to do all the work?Screw that..

so..

you avoid a product that will make the gun work better...

but you buy a big fat heavy metal tube to hang on the end to make it "look better"

you are genuinely not getting it....

also this gun is not a rimfire weapon.. just FYI..

so..

you avoid a product that will make the gun work better...

but you buy a big fat heavy metal tube to hang on the end to make it "look better"

you are genuinely not getting it....

also this gun is not a rimfire weapon.. just FYI..

Just seems like a lot of work to do the mag right...Dont they sell them done? Also why do you say the barrel shroud makes it worse? what does it do?

Just seems like a lot of work to do the mag right...Dont they sell them done? Also why do you say the barrel shroud makes it worse? what does it do?

it makes the gun front heavy.. which negates the natural balance of the rifle... and provides NO added benefit... thus it is not worth having.. I am just being honest..

you gotta have more faith in yourself man! take on some of these projects.. next thing you know you will be BUILDING that AR you want.. you just gotta start one little DIY gun project.. take your time.. see how easy it is..

they can do the maga for you can send them or do them yourself, c'mon cant be too hard, agree 1000 percent the irons are like lasers! i thought about selling her at one point, didnt quite fit in my collection but after i shot it WOW! she is a keeper... its ashame if they stop making this, with all the crazy nj laws its one of the coolest carbines allowed here. maybe beretta is coming out with some else? newer better version?

Why is this in the rimfire forum?

C

Dunno, I seen the word Rifle and handgun and figured it was a rifle that shoots a handgun round and it was not an AR or AK variant, so I put the thread here. Whats the big deal? Can you forgive my ignorance your greatness??

they can do the maga for you can send them or do them yourself, c'mon cant be too hard, agree 1000 percent the irons are like lasers! i thought about selling her at one point, didnt quite fit in my collection but after i shot it WOW! she is a keeper... its ashame if they stop making this, with all the crazy nj laws its one of the coolest carbines allowed here. maybe beretta is coming out with some else? newer better version?

I might give ti a shot, but the hardest part is cutting the magazines. I dont think I have a dremel any longer in my collection of tools..i will have to check.

cant we all just get along? Ugh .So anyway ,no its not a rimfire..oops .No biggy. We all have to start somewhere..Its called learning.

Back to the gun. The shroud is a waste, I personally prefer parts that will improve performance/operation. I like to work on my own guns when i can, it forces you to

learn the mechanics of each one . SP trigger ,guide rod etc all improve operation.

cant we all just get along? Ugh .So anyway ,no its not a rimfire..oops .No biggy. We all have to start somewhere..Its called learning.

Back to the gun. The shroud is a waste, I personally prefer parts that will improve performance/operation. I like to work on my own guns when i can, it forces you to

learn the mechanics of each one . SP trigger ,guide rod etc all improve operation.

I have seen that SP makes some trigger modifications also for it.I havent shot it yet,perhaps tonight. Is the trigger bad the way it is? I know the shroud is a waste, i just couldnt resist the way it makes the gun look,I know it is silly,but thats just me.

I did watch the video of the 15 round mags, and definitely must have at least 1. The 8 rounds will get old real fast.